Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Review: Space Drifters: The Emerald Enigma by Paul Regnier

About the Book

Space heroes or cosmic rejects?

Captain Glint Starcrost is not having the carefree, adventurous life the space academy brochures promised star pilots.

Broke, with an unreliable star freighter and a bounty on his head, Glint is desperate enough to try anything. Even set out on a quest to find a fabled good luck charm, the Emerald Enigma.

Now for a crew. A passive aggressive ship computer, a peaceable alien warrior, and time-traveling teen from the past aren’t what he had in mind. But they’ll have to do.

The Emerald Enigma won’t wait forever and neither will the bounty hunter tracking him.


My Thoughts

This is not a book I'd normally pick up. Space operas are just not my thing. But I decided to take a chance on this book and found that I absolutely loved it! I was completely absorbed in it from practically the first word. It's extremely fast-paced and humorous. There was never a good place to stop.

Glint wasn't the most likable protagonist, but the rest of his motley crew members made up for it, especially Blix. As the story progressed, though, Glint did begin to grow on me a bit. I'm really anxious to start reading book two and find out what happens to these interesting characters next!

Four Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment