Friday, April 13, 2018

Book Beginnings + Friday 56: Ellie and the Prince by J.M. Stengl

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two.

This week I'm featuring Ellie and the Prince by J.M. Stengl. This is a really cute and fun fairytale retelling. One of the things I like about it is that even though it's obviously set in a fantasy world there's a bit of a contemporary twist to it with modern conveniences and such.

About the Book

Enter the world of Faraway Castle and live the magic . . . and the romance!

Serving as Controller of Magical Creatures at the illustrious Faraway Castle resort, Ellie Calmer knows her place. She is a servant, and she has no business thinking about handsome Prince Omar, a regular visitor at the resort, much less talking to him!

But then a unicorn on the resort grounds attacks a party of riders, frightening the guests, and a band of young and adventurous nobles decide to hunt it down. Suddenly Ellie needs Omar's help. She knows something must be wrong to have driven the unicorn to such desperate extremes. Can she and Omar find the unicorn before it's too late? And will she somehow protect her heart against the irresistible attraction she feels for the kind and gentle prince?


Book Beginning
Ellie had just entered the castle lobby when her wristband pager sent a tingle of magic up her arm. She checked it and hurried over to Faraway Castle Resort's front desk. "I'm here, Sten. What's going on?"

Friday 56 (56% on my Kindle)
"Would you like us to delay the hunting party?" Miria asked. "The dwarfs will help us, I know."

What have you been reading lately?

15 comments:

  1. This book has unicorns. So, obviously I'm going to add it to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unicorns? me too! lol I love fairy tale re-tellings

      Delete
    2. Unicorns are awesome! Thanks for stopping by, Breana and Sassy! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a fun read! Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “MRS.: A NOVEL”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super fun! Thanks for coming by, Laurel-Rain! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't heard of this book before but it sounds like one I would really like. This week I am featuring Burn Bright by Patricia Briggs - a new one by a favorite author. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really great and unique retelling. Thanks for visiting, Kathy! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  4. Clever idea for a book. I hope you're enjoying it.
    My Friday post features Mrs. Polifax Mysteries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great read. Thanks for stopping by, Sandra! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  5. Cute book cover. Not sure I would pick it up but I can see the appeal. My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is great! Thanks for coming by, Anne! Happy weekend! :)

      Delete
  6. This sounds really fun. I might have to give it a try. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lot of fun! Thanks for stopping by, Lauren! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  7. Sounds super fun! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Freda! Happy weekend! :)

      Delete