Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Review: Ellie and the Prince (Faraway Castle #1) by J.M. Stengl

About the Book

Enter the world of Faraway Castle and live the magic . . . and the romance!

Serving as Controller of Magical Creatures at the illustrious Faraway Castle resort, Ellie Calmer knows her place. She is a servant, and she has no business thinking about handsome Prince Omar, a regular visitor at the resort, much less talking to him!

But then a unicorn on the resort grounds attacks a party of riders, frightening the guests, and a band of young and adventurous nobles decide to hunt it down. Suddenly Ellie needs Omar's help. She knows something must be wrong to have driven the unicorn to such desperate extremes. Can she and Omar find the unicorn before it's too late? And will she somehow protect her heart against the irresistible attraction she feels for the kind and gentle prince?


My Thoughts

I recently read the prequel novellas set in this world, LOVED them, and couldn't wait for the first full length story to release. Ellie and the Prince did not disappoint. It was so much fun!

Ellie and Omar are such likable characters and I really enjoyed getting both of their POVs. Having both sides really added a nice element to the story.

I loved the world that Stengl created. It's very much a fantasy setting, but adds a contemporary feel to it with the addition of many modern conveniences. And all the magical creatures are so great. I loved that there were so many different kinds! They're all so interesting.

While it's not necessary to read the prequels before starting Ellie and the Prince, I think I'd recommend it to better understand the backstories and magic system.

I highly recommend this story to lovers of fairytales. I'm excited for the next book, The Siren and the Scholar and I hope we get to see more of Ellie and Omar in forthcoming books.

Four Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment