Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Can't Wait Wednesday: Lone Witness (Atlanta Justice #2) by Rachel Dylan

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that we've yet to read. Generally, they're books that are yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week I'm featuring Lone Witness (Atlanta Justice #2) by Rachel Dylan releasing May 1, 2018.

About the Book
Prosecutor Sophie Dawson's first job in the White Collar division of the Fulton County D.A.'s office is to build a case against a local bank employee who may be cheating clients. But when circumstances beyond her control leave her as the only witness to a double homicide involving a vengeful gang, her world is turned upside down.

Former Atlanta police officer turned private security guard Cooper Knight is hired to ensure that Sophie is kept safe. But as threats escalate, they don't know who they can trust.

Sophie is determined not to back down, but her bank case gets more complicated by the day, and the gang will stop at nothing to keep her from testifying. Sophie wants to take a stand for what's right--but can Cooper, who is determined not to be distracted by their growing attraction, keep her safe so that she can finish her pursuit for justice?

Why I Need It
Deadly Proof, book one in this series, was the first time I'd read any kind of legal thriller and I really enjoyed it. I've been looking forward to Lone Witness ever since I finished Deadly Proof.

What book are you eagerly anticipating?

18 comments:

  1. Looks nice! I read quite a few psychological thrillers/ mysteries but not a of legal thrillers. This sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first book was excellent, so I'm excited to see what this one's like. Thanks for stopping by, Greg! :)

      Delete
  2. A legal thriller sounds pretty intriguing! Great find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! A legal thriller! This sounds awesome! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it will be awesome! Thanks for stopping by, Ronyell! :)

      Delete
  4. I'm looking forward to this one too. Just have to get through my April commitments before I can indulge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy it! Thanks for coming by, Suzie! :)

      Delete
  5. I haven't read a legal thriller in a long time. This one sounds really good. I have to put it on my TBR list. Great pick!

    Mary my Can’t Wait Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always thought I'd be bored with legal thrillers, but the first book in this series had plenty of suspense, mystery and romance, (all things I love), so I'm excited for this sequel. Thanks for visiting, Mary! :)

      Delete
  6. I have read one or two legal thrillers that I enjoyed. Glad you liked the first one. Hope you can get your hands on this one soon!
    Check out my CWW post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the first book in this series was the first legal thriller I read, lol. Thanks for stopping by, Lisa! :)

      Delete
  7. I don't usually read many legal thrillers but this sounds interesting. I hope that you like it!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it'll be really great. Thanks for visiting, Leslie! :)

      Delete
  8. I used to love legal books. This one sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound good, doesn't it? Thanks for coming by, Barb! :)

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Renee! Happy reading! :)

      Delete