Thursday, April 26, 2018

Review: Probing: Cycle Three of the Harbingers Series by Bill Myers, Frank Peretti, Angela Hunt, and Alton Gansky

About the Book

Myers, Peretti, Hunt, and Gansky Offer Latest Harbingers Volume

Cycle Three of the Harbingers series offers more suspense, more chills, and a deeper look into the battle for light in a growing darkness.

In Myers's "Leviathan," the team heads to Hollywood for a taping of the new TV pilot, Live or Die, the Ultimate Reality. Little do they realize the depths of darkness they are about to enter--a darkness that, unless they stop it, will soon spread across the globe.

Frank Peretti's "The Mind Pirates" offers a rousing story featuring bizarre visions and memories of a murder, a kidnapping by 17th-century pirates, and an earring with mysterious powers. The team must overcome the ruthless scheming of an evil, hidden nemesis.

In "Hybrids" from Angela Hunt, the sight of two children chills the team to their bones. Seeking rest and relaxation, the four friends must instead find answers to the arrival and mission of two mysterious black-eyed children.

In "The Village" from Alton Gansky, a visit to a guarded and secretive small town in North Carolina becomes the most challenging mystery they've ever faced--as they race to solve a problem they barely understand before time runs out.


My Thoughts

It was great being back with the gang for another round of spooky and suspenseful adventures.

Leviathan by Bill Myers finds the group in Hollywood and visiting the set of a reality TV show. I found this story to be extremely thought-provoking. It really made me think about some things. I think it's probably my favorite story out of the entire series so far.

Umm... where do I start with The Mind Pirates by Frank Peretti? It definitely wasn't one of my favorites. It was bizarre and often times confusing. It seemed kinda disjointed and out of place with the other stories. But maybe it's just me. I've never been a big fan of pirate books.

In Hybrids by Angela Hunt, two mysterious and creepy kids show up. Sinister things seem to happen wherever they go. Those kids were SERIOUSLY creepy! They made the hair on the back of my neck stand on end. But despite the creepy factor, this story was really good. I enjoyed it a lot.

The gang head to a small and remote mountain town in The Village by Alton Gansky. This was another great one from the viewpoint of Tank. The last half of it moved along at a mad dash and had me racing along to find out how it would end. So good!

I am loving this series and can't recommend it enough!

Four Stars

2 comments:

  1. This sounds interesting, totally new to me, but I like the sound of Hybrids, definitely sounds creepy good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so creepy! I'm still having nightmares about that one, lol! Thanks for stopping by, Greg! Have a great weekend! :)

      Delete