Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Review: The Soldier's Secret Child (Rescue River) by Lee Tobin McClain


Summary

Duty-bound Dad 

Former soldier Vito D'Angelo has come home with a foster son—and a secret that could devastate his comrade's lovely widow. Lacey McPherson is Vito's childhood friend and the last person he wants to hurt. But as their friendship turns to more, the truth grows harder to reveal. Lacey's trying to renovate her guesthouse and build a peaceful single life. Yet letting ruggedly handsome Vito and young Charlie stay on her property awakens a longing for the family she's sure she'll never have. But it may open the door to a loving future…if the onetime boy next door proves to be just the man she needs…



My Review

Four Stars

The Soldier's Secret Child is a lovely contemporary romance. This was the first Rescue River book I've read, but I wasn't lost at all. It can stand alone just fine.

Vito's such a wonderful leading man. He's extremely loyal and just an all-around good guy. Lacey's a caring and sweet lady who's had a tough time since the death of her husband. They've been friends since they were young and are so good for each other, but the secret Vito's hiding from Lacey threatens to shatter her world. My heart ached for Charlie and what he had to endure in the past. Nonna was my favorite character; I adored her. Charlie and Nonna's budding friendship was very sweet and a bright spot in this story.

The Soldier's Secret Child felt very authentic, like I was getting a glimpse into the lives of actual people. I was completely charmed by the town of Rescue River and it's inhabitants. I can't wait to visit again! I'm definitely going to be checking out the previous books!

I received a copy of this book from the author. All thoughts and comments are my own honest opinion.


To learn more about Lee Tobin McClain, visit her website, Facebook page, and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment