Friday, July 28, 2017

Book Beginnings & Friday 56: Titanis: A Quiet Professionals Novella by Ronie Kendig

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading.

Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two.

This week I'm featuring Titanis: A Quiet Professionals Novella by Ronie Kendig.


Book Beginning

ViCross Yacht, Cape York, Australia

The territory of being a soldier came with being assaulted. By the enemy. But when one of your own did the betraying, it carved a cruel mark.


Friday 56 (56% on my Kindle)

"Who's next, Corporal Straider? You do know that I have men hunting down the princess."


About the Book

Never Again.
A vow written in the blood of the fallen is threatened in Australia’s rugged Top End.

Eamon “Titanis” Straider left the military and civilization behind after betrayal cost the life of a teammate. Living on this super yacht, the ViCross, Eamon reluctantly agrees to host an event for his parents, who are part of the Australian political machine. When an attractive woman arrives with his mother, Eamon is furious—and determined to find out what she is hiding.

Lady Ellis Rostov-Leclair has never felt so threatened as she does by the infamous “Beast of Cape York,” a man notorious for removing people—by force if necessary—from his yacht. His uncanny perception endangers not only her reason for being aboard the ship, but a secret she’s held for twenty years.

When the yacht is seized by a man with one goal: make those responsible for his brother’s death pay—the Beast of Cape York must live up to his name and protect those under his charge, or die trying.


What have you been reading lately? Leave a comment below and let me know.

19 comments:

  1. Probably not my sort of read but I do hope that you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful weekend! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  2. I don't think that this is a book that I will pick up but I hope that you enjoy it! Always interesting to see what other people are reading :)

    Danica @ Shelves of Spines
    My Friday Meme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is interesting to see what other people enjoy reading! I was reluctant to try Ronie's books at first because they didn't seem like my cup of tea, but my mom kept pestering me to read them, lol. So I did and absolutely loved them. She's one of my favorite authors now. Thanks for coming by! :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds interesting. This week I have an urban fantasy novel - Blood Gamble by Melissa F. Olson. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! Have a great weekend! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  4. Maybe not for me, but it does sound tempting. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “EMMA IN THE NIGHT”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming by! Hope your weekend is great! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  5. Sorry to say I have to agree with the others. The voice doesn't appeal to me. How is the plot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ronie's books are always super suspenseful with non-stop action. Never a dull moment! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  6. This sounds thrilling and I've not heard of this author before. This meme is so great. I find so many new authors from hopping from post to post.

    My Friday 56 from Refuge For Masterminds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found a lot of new authors with this meme, too! It's awesome! Thanks for coming by! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  7. I doubt this one is for me but I hope you love it! :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just started this book and it's awesome!! Ronie Kendig is one of my favorite authors! Her books are always so exciting and....well just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! You'll have to tell me what you think when you finish! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
    2. It was great! A little short but action packed! You're gonna love it! 😀

      Delete
    3. I'm so glad you liked it! I can't wait to start it! :)

      Delete