Thursday, July 6, 2017

Review: A Matter of Trust (Montana Rescue #3) by Susan May Warren


Summary

Champion backcountry snowboarder Gage Watson has left the limelight behind after the death of one of his fans. After being sued for negligence and stripped of his sponsorships, he's remade his life as a ski patrol in Montana's rugged mountains, as well as serving on the PEAK Rescue team. But he can't seem to find his footing--or forget the woman he loved, who betrayed him.

Senator and former attorney Ella Blair spends much of her time in the limelight as the second-youngest senator in the country. But she has a secret--one that cost Gage his career. More than anything, she wants to atone for her betrayal of him in the courtroom and find a way to help him put his career back on track.

When Ella's brother goes missing on one of Glacier National Park's most dangerous peaks, Gage and his team are called in for the rescue. But Gage isn't so sure he wants to help the woman who destroyed his life. More, when she insists on joining the search, he'll have to keep her safe while finding her reckless brother, a recipe for disaster when a snowstorm hits the mountain.

But old sparks relight as they search for the missing snowboarder--and suddenly, they are faced with emotions neither can deny. But when Ella's secret is revealed, can they learn to trust each other--even when disaster happens again?

Amazon / Goodreads / Barnes & Noble


My Review

Five Stars

Susan May Warren has done it again! 'A Matter of Trust' was another spectacular addition to the Montana Rescue Series. I've been super eager to read this book, it's been one of my most anticipated books of the year. Gage was a bit of a mystery to me in the first two books, so I was excited to learn more about him.

Gage, a former champion snowboarder, lost it all after the death of one of his fans. Now on the ski patrol and the PEAK Rescue team, he's still trying to put the pieces of his life back together. Ella, one of the country's youngest senators, is in Montana to track down her wayward brother. When their paths cross, Gage is shocked to see Ella again, the woman who had a hand in destroying his career. Can they put the past behind them and work together to find her brother?

Warren is a master wordsmith. I felt as though I was standing right there in the middle of this story beside these characters. I could feel the chill on the mountain, the biting wind, snow falling all around me (which is saying something because it was over 100 degrees outside while I was reading it.)

I loved Gage. He's super endearing... and not to mention majorly swoonworthy! Ella's got a lot of self doubt, but she's someone who really cares about helping those in need, making the world a better place. They're both living with major regrets. It was great watching them try to work through their struggles and emerge stronger for it.

I loved getting to catch up with all the characters from the previous books and meet new ones, too. Pete's one of my favorite characters, so I'm super happy that his and Jess' journey continued. Ty's got a bigger supporting role in this story, which I really loved. He was always in the background in the previous books, so it was nice to get to know him better.

This could probably be read as a standalone, but I'd recommend reading the series from the beginning in order to get the full enjoyment out of it. There's a lot of characters whose story arcs continue to grow with each new book and even though the author does a great job of recapping previous books, I think it's best to start with 'Wild Montana Skies'.

With each new book I read of Susan May Warren's, she further cements herself as one of my all time favorite authors. Each book in this series seems to get better and better. 'Wild Montana Skies' and 'Rescue Me' are some of my favorites that I've read this year and I can add 'A Matter of Trust' right there with them. I seriously can't wait for Ian and Sierra's story in 'Troubled Waters'. It's been a long time coming and I'm so anxious to read it!

I received a copy of this book from NetGalley and voluntarily reviewed it. All thoughts and comments are my own honest opinion.


To learn more about Susan May Warren, visit her website, Facebook, and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment