Friday, June 16, 2017

Book Beginnings: Raging Storm (The Remnant #2) by Vannetta Chapman

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading, along with your initial thoughts/impressions.



Excerpts from Shelby's Journal
Abney, Texas
June 10
Approximately 8:20 pm EST

While hiking in Colorado Bend State Park, Max, Bianca, Patrick, and I watched as a massive solar flare collided with the earth's atmosphere. The subsequent solar storm affected every aspect of our infrastructure and resulted in a total collapse of the electrical grid.

My Thoughts:
This recaps the first book extremely well and sets it up perfectly for the start of book two!

What's the first line (or so) of the book you're currently reading? Leave a comment below and let me know.

12 comments:

  1. That was a good book! I just finished Light of Dawn by Vannetta Chapman. It starts out.....Excerpts from Shelby's Journal....July 3 11:35pm....."We're going to weather this. Together, we will find a way."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Teresa! I hope you enjoyed the story.

      Delete
    2. I just finished Raging Storm and can't wait for Light of Dawn! Thanks for stopping by Teresa and Vannetta! :)

      Delete
  2. That solar storm definitely got my attention! Great cover, too. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's mine: “YOU’LL NEVER KNOW, DEAR”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laurel! I'm glad you like the cover. I especially like the cover for the last book, Light of Dawn. That light on the horizon just fills me with hope!

      Delete
    2. These covers are super eye-catching! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. Great set up for the story, Vanetta! Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend :)
    Here's my Friday Post Inspiration Pie
    Jo-Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really hooks you from the beginning! Thanks for coming by! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  4. I'm not familiar with the author or series, but the start of this one certainly does set up the book well from the sounds of it. I would keep reading to find out more! Thank you for sharing! I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fantastic series! Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have a great weekend, too! :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It sure is! Thanks for coming by! Happy reading! :)

      Delete