Friday, June 30, 2017

Book Beginnings & Friday 56: Then There Was You by Kara Isaac

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading.

Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two.

This week I'm featuring Then There Was You by Kara Isaac.



Book Beginning

Paige McAllister didn't think it was possible, but there was something worse than being single and thirty at your nineteen-year-old sister's wedding.


Friday 56

"I need to hug a koala."


What have you been reading lately? Leave a comment below and let me know.

16 comments:

  1. Those quotes made me smile - lovely! Your book looks good too. I'm featuring The Precious One today - here's the link http://bevbouwer.blogspot.co.za/2017/06/friday-books-precious-one.html
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming by! Hope you have a wonderful weekend, too! :)

      Delete
  2. And what is the something worse?
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That first line sure does make you wonder what could be worse! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. Ah, yes, now I want to know more! Of course there are worse things, but what are they? I want to keep reading. Here's mine: “ANY DAY NOW”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's certainly got me hooked! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  4. Love the teasers and the cover - will be adding this to my reading list - here's my Friday meme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is super cute, isn't it? Happy reading! Thanks for coming by! :)

      Delete
  5. Haha. Cute quotes. Hope you enjoy your read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are cute quotes. Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  6. That sounds like a good book! I'm gonna have to check it out! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the colors on the cover! Thanks for sharing!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete