Friday, June 9, 2017

Book Beginnings: Huntress (Life After #1) by Julie Hall

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading, along with your initial thoughts/impressions. 

This week I'm featuring Huntress (Life After #1) by Julie Hall


The chains rattled when he changed positions, grinding against both flesh and floor. Chains so familiar you'd think he'd be used to them by now. He wasn't. Whether standing in his tower, as he was now, or roaming grasslands and streets, his illusion of freedom was always only that - an illusion.

My Thoughts:
This paints such a vivid picture in my mind. I'm definitely hooked!

What's the first line (or so) of the book you're currently reading? Leave a comment and let me know.

14 comments:

  1. I like the descriptions. It really is vivid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really grabbed my attention. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm intrigued by the excerpt...and I love that cover. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “EVERY LAST LIE”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is gorgeous, isn't it? Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. Great beginning. This week I'm featuring Come and Find Me by Hallie Ephron. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very descriptive writing! Are you enjoying the story? Thanks for sharing :) Here's mine inspiration pie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read too much of it yet, but so far, I'm loving it! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  5. Sounds like an interesting read. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cover is really pretty! I'm reading 'Soar Like Eagles by Terri Wangard. (First line) Carol Doucet unscrewed the bolt and wrestled the meat grinder off the table's edge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to read Soar Like Eagles! I loved the first one in that series! Thanks for sharing! :)

      Delete