Thursday, March 14, 2024

Book Beginnings, First Line Friday, & Friday 56: My Lucky Charm (Holidays With Hart) by Courtney Walsh

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. I'm also linking up with Carrie at Reading is My Superpower for First Line Friday. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two. Freda is taking a hiatus right now, but Anne over at My Head is Full of Books has taken over in the meantime.

This week I'm featuring My Lucky Charm (Holidays With Hart) by Courtney Walsh. This was such a fun and sweet romance! I really enjoyed it. 

About the Book
A humiliating break-up leads to an impulsive New Year’s Kiss with a complete stranger.
What could possibly go wrong?


It’s no secret that I love life. And Dr Pepper. But also, I love a challenge. . .

So when the coach of the Chicago Comets gives me the opportunity to help their star player, newly traded to their team, acclimate to life in Chicago, I'm all in.

I have to be. After my last job went up in flames, I have something to prove.

It turns out that the player, Grayson Hawke, is the rudest, most off-putting, reclusive guy I’ve ever met.It also turns out that he is the beautiful stranger I kissed on New Year’s Eve.

I can do this job. I can do this job. I can do this job.

And I can. Really well.

I can make Gray’s life easier, show him all the reasons to fall in love with this city, and in the process, hopefully completely forget that the amazing kiss ever happened.

How hard can it be? We’re total opposites anyway.

I love people . . . and all their stories. Gray loves hockey . . . and nothing else.

I love to talk. Gray only stares.

I’m happy-go-lucky. Gray’s all work and no play.

There’s just one problem. The more time I spend with Grayson Hawke, the more I start to see that underneath his bristly, standoffish exterior, he’s nothing like the man everyone thinks he is.

And suddenly, all the reasons for keeping my distance, staying professional, and not falling for someone again. . .are impossible to remember.

My Lucky Charm is a grumpy/sunshine, sweet hockey romance with all of the sizzle but none of the steam. It's the second in the Holidays with Hart series, but My Lucky Charm can be read as a stand alone.

Book Beginnings / First Line Friday
I've never kissed a stranger in my life.

Friday 56
"Okay. So. Story time." She's over-gesturing, which reads as nervous, and I wonder what Eloise has really gotten me into.

What have you been reading lately?

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's fun! Hope you have a great week, Anne! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm diving back into a romance for the first time in ages and this one sounds cute as well! I'm glad you enjoyed it! I hope you have a lovely weekend :)
    Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like fun. I always enjoy stories like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. It was! Hope you have an awesome week, Jody! :)

      Delete
  5. This sounds like a cute romance. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so can't wait to read this one! I absolutely loved My Phony Valentine. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a fun and sweet story. I hope you love it too! Have a wonderful week, Lark! :)

      Delete
  7. I sometimes over-gesture when I'm nervous too. I think this will be a great read. I am glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the same thing! Hope you have a great week! :)

      Delete
  8. Happy Saturday!!!
    I'm currently reading One Wrong Move by Dani Pettrey. So far, it's pretty creepy. 😄
    "Andi slowed as she entered Jeopardy Falls and the speed limit on Juan Tabo dropped to thirty. She cruised along the two-lane road running through the center of town."
    I hope you have an excellent weekend. 🙂💕📚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, this sounds so good! I'm a big fan of Dani Pettrey and can't wait to read this one. Hope you have a lovely week! :)

      Delete