Monday, March 25, 2024

Review: My Lucky Charm (Holidays With Hart) by Courtney Walsh

About the Book
A humiliating break-up leads to an impulsive New Year’s Kiss with a complete stranger.
What could possibly go wrong?


It’s no secret that I love life. And Dr Pepper. But also, I love a challenge. . .

So when the coach of the Chicago Comets gives me the opportunity to help their star player, newly traded to their team, acclimate to life in Chicago, I'm all in.

I have to be. After my last job went up in flames, I have something to prove.

It turns out that the player, Grayson Hawke, is the rudest, most off-putting, reclusive guy I’ve ever met.It also turns out that he is the beautiful stranger I kissed on New Year’s Eve.

I can do this job. I can do this job. I can do this job.

And I can. Really well.

I can make Gray’s life easier, show him all the reasons to fall in love with this city, and in the process, hopefully completely forget that the amazing kiss ever happened.

How hard can it be? We’re total opposites anyway.

I love people . . . and all their stories. Gray loves hockey . . . and nothing else.

I love to talk. Gray only stares.

I’m happy-go-lucky. Gray’s all work and no play.

There’s just one problem. The more time I spend with Grayson Hawke, the more I start to see that underneath his bristly, standoffish exterior, he’s nothing like the man everyone thinks he is.

And suddenly, all the reasons for keeping my distance, staying professional, and not falling for someone again. . .are impossible to remember.

My Lucky Charm is a grumpy/sunshine, sweet hockey romance with all of the sizzle but none of the steam. It's the second in the Holidays with Hart series, but My Lucky Charm can be read as a stand alone.

Available in Kindle Unlimited at time of posting

MY THOUGHTS

This was such a fun and sweet story! I was in the mood for a happy book, and this fit the bill perfectly. I had a smile on my face for the majority of the book. The grumpy/sunshine trope is my favorite, and it was done so well here.

I loved both Gray and Eloise. Gray sure was crabby, but, I’ve gotta say, he’s the swooniest grump I’ve ever read about. There was more to him than first met the eye, and I loved getting to know him better and seeing different sides of him. Eloise was sunshine personified. She always saw the good in everybody and every situation. Sometimes to her own detriment, but her kindness, joy, and positive attitude were part of what made her such a special person.

This was a joy to read. I highly recommend it to fans of Emma St. Clair, Becky Wade, and Melissa Tagg. I can't wait for the next book in this series!

FOUR STARS

2 comments:

  1. I just ordered a copy of this one! Walsh has become one of my favorite authors. I love everything she writes. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's one of my favorites too! I hope you love this one! :D

      Delete