Thursday, March 21, 2024

Book Beginnings, First Line Friday, & Friday 56: One Last Shot (Alaska Air One Rescue #1) by Susan May Warren

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. I'm also linking up with Carrie at Reading is My Superpower for First Line Friday. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two. Freda is taking a hiatus right now, but Anne over at My Head is Full of Books has taken over in the meantime.

This week I'm featuring One Last Shot (Alaska Air One Rescue #1)  by Susan May Warren.

About the Book
When country music star Oaken Fox joins survivalist Mike Grizz's new adventure show in the Alaskan wilderness, he just wants to boost his fan base. But when tragedy strikes, and Air One Rescue must save them, Oaken just wants to quit. Too bad his producer has other plans—signing him on with Air One Rescue as a recruit and making a reality show...

EMT Boo Kingston did not join Air One Rescue to train a celebrity. But she's a rookie to the team, so yes, she'll train Oaken and keep him alive and not for a minute pay attention to his charm...

And then five women go missing from a resort during a bachelorette weekend gone south. Now, Air One and the rescue team will have to use all their skills--and manpower, including Oaken--to find them before a blizzard settles in. But can they work together before tragedy strikes?

Book Beginnings / First Line Friday
Boo couldn't think of a worse way to die.

Friday 56
"When you row a boat, you're in charge of everything - the work, the direction, going against the waves... You gotta learn to sail, bud. The sailor rigs the sails and puts them up, has to know how to use them, but he depends on God for the wind. You show up for your part, but God is in charge of the power, and the direction of the wind."

What have you been reading lately?

12 comments:

  1. I've seen this book before on others' lists and I am always intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good! Hope you have a great week, Anne! :)

      Delete
  2. Loved this one! Here is my Friday post https://moretoodiscover.blogspot.com/2024/03/book-spotlight-friday-sleuth-of.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited for book two! Hope you have a great week, Sarita! :)

      Delete
  3. Love that second quote! And I just finished reading the Wonderland Trials. I struggled a bit at the beginning getting into the story and figuring things out...but I think that's just because I was so tired when I started reading it...once I got past the first few chapters the story really started to fly. And it was a lot of fun. Thanks for recommending it! I'm hoping to read the sequel soon. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you ended up liking it, Lark! It was one of the more unique Wonderland retellings I've read. I hope you enjoy the sequel too! Have a WONDER-ful week! :D

      Delete
  4. Happy Saturday!
    I'm currently reading One Wrong Move by Dani Pettrey. I'm almost done!
    "Harper and Deckard stood outside Randy Fox's door."
    I hope you have a great weekend! 🙂❤️📚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to that one! Love her books! Hope you have a great week, Nicole! :)

      Delete
  5. I have been seeing this one around and it does sound good! Thank you for sharing. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you have a great one too! :D

      Delete