Monday, July 24, 2023

Review: A Novel Escape by S. R. Breaker

About the Book (From Goodreads)
Reading is an excellent escape from reality. But what if... you couldn't escape from your escape?

Astrid loves to read. Astrid made a wish. Now Astrid's stuck in a book.

Cue the evil kelpie. The Armageddon. The feral troll army.

The fantasy realm of fiction is everything Astrid ever hoped for.

Except it's probably going to take her life.

Astrid needs non-fictional guts, determination, and sheer will to survive before she can return to the real world.

But will she even want to?

A fun, fast-paced portal fantasy adventure novella. Perfect for fans of "A Wrinkle in Time" and "The Neverending Story."

Offbeat, easy reading fantasy and science fiction. Check out other books by S. R. Breaker.


MY THOUGHTS

I think every bookworm has probably wondered what it would be like to literally get sucked into the story they're reading. Well, after making a wish that the book she was reading was real, Astrid gets more than she bargained for!

This was fun, fast-paced, and very short. It kinda felt like things had just started when it ended. We're thrown right into the story, and since it's so short, I felt like I was just getting my bearings when it ended. It had a really cool concept, though. I'd love to see it expanded.

THREE STARS

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of this one...getting stuck in a book. There are some books I don't think I'd mind being stuck in for awhile. ;D Have you ever read The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde? It's a fun one where characters can enter books and interact with characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read that one, but it sounds so good! I've added it to my wishlist and am going to see if my library has a copy. Thanks for the recommendation, Lark. :D

      Delete