Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Review: When I Lost My Way by Jennifer Rodewal

About the Book
Their whirlwind romance takes the hard road toward happily-ever-after as disaster tests their love for each other and their faith in God’s goodness.

Sophie Shultz smiles at her future, even when she doesn’t feel like it, but when a country drive leaves this city-girl stranded in the mud, the cowboy who stops to help gives her plenty to smile about. For real. Lance Carson is tall, handsome, and kind, if a little on the quiet side—not to mention the owner of Big Prairie’s celebrated vineyard.

Lance has always had a decided preference for solitude, but when he rescues Sophie he develops a whole new appreciation for companionship. It doesn’t take long for him to lose his heart as she fills the aching void life’s disappointments have left behind. But a family issue has put him in a hard spot, pushing him to a decision that will ruin his relationship with many of Big Prairie’s citizens—and devastate Sophie, who adores her newly adopted hometown. Before he can figure out how to tell her, someone tattles on his plans.

As their relationship is put to the test, conflict presses in from every side. Can this rapidly grown romance sink its roots deep enough to weather the storms, or will Lance and Sophie both lose their way?

Small town Christian stories of romance and redemption, begin the Big Prairie Romance series today!

Book 1: When I Come Home Again
Book 2: When I Lost My Way
Book 3: When I'm With You (Coming fall of 2020) 

My Thoughts

Just when I think it can't be done, Jennifer Rodewald outdoes herself yet again. This book was spectacular. It always amazes me how seamlessly she weaves a profound and beautiful message of faith into every one of her novels. And this one resonated so deep with me.

I don't know if I've ever connected with a character as much as I have with Lance. He's a shy, nervous, introverted overthinker who always expects the worst. That's so me. I really felt for his inner struggles and was rooting for him so hard. He's a good guy who deserves the best. I instantly liked Sophie and really admired her total trust in God and how she leaned so fully on Him. Miss Jane was a great character too. She's such a joy. I loved her wisdom, genuineness, and strong faith.

I seriously can't recommend this book highly enough. There was a real authenticity to it. It felt like I was getting a peek into people's actual real lives. Watching how they dealt with very real struggles and dilemmas. It takes a special author to do that. I'm very eager to head back to Big Prairie in the next book.

I received a copy of this book from the author and voluntarily reviewed it. All thoughts and comments are my honest opinion.

Five Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment