Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Review: A Time Traveller's Best Friend by W.R. Gingell

About the Book
Meet Marx. Meet Kez.

Marx is a small, angry man with a time machine and a chip on his shoulder. Kez is a homicidal little girl with a price on her head and a penchant for kicking people where it hurts the most.

After a narrow escape from the owners of the stolen craft he pilots, the last thing Marx wants is another gun pointed at him. What he wants and what he gets, however, are two very different things.

On the run from killers, shadowy corporations, and one very specific Someone, the last thing Kez wants when she points a gun at yet another apparent killer is a self-appointed protector.

What she wants and what she needs, however, are two very different things...
 


My Thoughts

It's been way too long since I read a time travel book. I used to devour them as fast and as often as I could. So I was super excited when I stumbled upon A Time Traveller's Best Friend by one of my favorite, newly-discovered authors W.R. Gingell. I discovered her City Between series earlier this year and have been slowly making my way through her backlist.

This book was so good! So much fun. Full of so much heart. Things did get a little confusing at times. Events don't happen in a “straight-line” way, but bounce all over the place. It is time travel, though, so that's to be expected. And it was fun, in a way, trying to figure it all out. Trying to connect all the dots. And things did get straightened out before long.

All in all, if you're a fan of time travel, then I'd definitely recommend picking up a copy of this book. I'm eager to check out the sequel.

Four Stars

2 comments: