Monday, October 21, 2019

Review: Home to Chestnut Grove by Christy Barritt

About the Book
A heartwarming, small-town Christmas story about restoring broken hearts and remembering those you love.

When Faith Winters returns to Chestnut Grove, Virginia, for the community’s annual Christmas celebration, she’s desperate to get in and out as quickly as possible. She’s failed at making it on Broadway and is certain her hometown will never accept her again after her sudden departure eight years ago. Despite that, she’s vowed to honor a promise and face the heartache she left behind.

Jake Whitmire is the sheriff in Chestnut Grove, but keeping the area free of crime is the least of his worries. Most days are filled with trying to keep the community’s spirits up as businesses have closed and jobs disappeared. He never expected to see the woman who broke his heart return home to lead up the town’s Christmas concert, nor is he sure he can ever forgive her.

As someone in town begins sabotaging the community’s celebration, Faith and Jake work together to find the person responsible and ensure their friend Aimee’s last request is fulfilled. Can holiday hope heal the broken spirit afflicting Chestnut Grove residents? Or is it time for everyone—including Faith and Jake—to treasure the memories of the past but to move on?


My Thoughts

Home to Chestnut Grove is a wonderful romance full of forgiveness that's sure to get you into the Christmas spirit. It's uplifting, heartwarming, and oh so good! It's a little bit of a different type of story from Christy Barritt, but, goodness, did I love it or what!

With a deep message that really hit home, it spoke to me on so many levels. It really touched my heart. I wont lie, it even made me teary-eyed a few times. I want to say so much more, but I don't want to spoil a thing.

This is a novella that I know I'll be wanting to reread every Christmas. It's a new favorite that I highly recommend to everyone.

Five Stars

4 comments:

  1. So many cute Christmas stories are coming out and it's still October. Help, I'm not ready! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! It is a little early. I thought about saving this book for a little later, but I just couldn't resist it. :D

      Delete
  2. I am a sucker for a holiday read and this one sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one's definitely a feel-good holiday story. So good! :)

      Delete