Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Can't Wait Wednesday: Mind Games (Kaely Quinn Profiler #1) by Nancy Mehl

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that we've yet to read. Generally, they're books that are yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week I'm featuring Mind Games (Kaely Quinn Profiler #1) by Nancy Mehl releasing December 4, 2018.

About the Book
Kaely Quinn's talents as an FBI behavior analyst are impossible to ignore, no matter how unorthodox her methods. But when a reporter outs her as the daughter of an infamous serial killer, she's demoted to field agent and transferred to St. Louis.

When the same reporter who ruined her career claims to have received an anonymous poem predicting a string of murders, ending with Kaely's, the reporter's ulterior motives bring his claim into question. But when a body is found that fits the poem's predictions, the threat is undeniable, and the FBI sends Special Agent Noah Hunter to St. Louis.

Initially resentful of the assignment, Noah is surprised at how quickly his respect for Kaely grows, despite her oddities. But with a brazen serial killer who breaks all the normal patterns on the loose, Noah and Kaely are tested to their limits to catch the murderer before anyone else--including Kaely herself--is killed.


Why I Need It
I'm always on the lookout for new romantic suspense and this one sounds like it's right up my alley. Kaely's job as an FBI behavior analyst is really interesting and the fact that she's the daughter of a serial killer adds another layer of intrigue.

What upcoming release are you excited about?

12 comments:

  1. Ooh this sounds like it could be intense! And a profiler too- fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really excited for this one! Thanks for stopping by, Greg! :)

      Delete
  2. I’ve just read a romantic suspense, and I’m looking forward to trying more, so this one sounds interesting. I agree with all you said about why it’s intriguing. Wonderful share and I hope you love it!

    Jennifer Tar Heel Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love romantic suspense! There's never a dull moment, that's for sure. Thanks for coming by, Jennifer! :)

      Delete
  3. Happy Wednesday, Ashley!

    Oh yes, I love profiler books! Sounds brilliant!

    Here is my WOW Wednesday post. Jedi, you shall be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Profiler books are so much fun! Thanks for visiting, Sassy! :)

      Delete
  4. I like the sounds of this one. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good romantic suspense is always fun to read. And I love the twist that she's the daughter of a serial killer. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That really should add a unique twist to the story. Thanks for visiting, Lark! :)

      Delete
  6. This sounds really good! I'll have to add it to my to-reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Amanda! Happy reading! :)

      Delete