Friday, November 2, 2018

Book Beginnings + Friday 56: Shadow of Intrigue (Lantern Beach Romantic Suspense #2) by Christy Barritt

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two.

This week I'm featuring the newest release from Christy Barritt - Shadow of Intrigue.

About the Book
For her entire life, Lisa Garth has felt like a supporting character in the drama of life. The designation never bothered her—until now. Lantern Beach, where she’s settled and runs a popular restaurant, has boarded up for the season. The slower pace leaves her with too much time alone.

Braden Dillinger came to Lantern Beach to try to heal. The former Special Forces officer returned from battle with invisible scars and diminished hope. But his recovery is hampered by the fact that an unknown enemy is trying to kill him.

From the moment Lisa and Braden meet, danger ignites around them, and both are drawn into a web of intrigue that turns their lives upside down. As shadows creep in, will Lisa and Braden be able to shine a light on the peril around them? Or will the encroaching darkness turn their worst nightmares into reality?

Book Beginning
Lisa Garth trudged up the wooden outdoor steps, propping a paper bag full of groceries on her hip.
What a day.
What a week, for that matter.

Friday 56
As he glanced at the muffin, his gaze skimmed his hands.
His bruised hands.
He stretched out his fingers and examined the wounds there.
What had happened last night to injure his hands like this?

What have you been reading lately?

20 comments:

  1. Shadow of Intrigue looks interesting. Enjoy your current read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good! Thanks for coming by, Breana! Have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm intrigued. Love the cover. Enjoy the read and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover too! Thanks for visiting, Bev! Have an awesome weekend! :)

      Delete
  3. It is certainly making me curious! Hope you enjoy it!

    Here is my Friday Post! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was definitely super curious once I got to the 56 quote. I needed to know what he did! Thanks for coming by, Sassy! Have a fantastic weekend! :)

      Delete
  4. Now I'm really curious. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine:
    “TRY NOT TO BREATHE”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a 'nail-biter' at times. Thanks for stopping by, Laurel-Rain! Have an amazing weekend! :)

      Delete
  5. I just finished one of Christy's last night. I love how she can do both suspense and comedy in mystery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that about her too! It's nice to have a laugh in the midst of all the suspense. Thanks for visiting, Debra! Have an awesome weekend! :)

      Delete
  6. Sounds intriguing. I love romantic suspense! This week I am featuring a historical mystery - A Dangerous Duet by Karen Odden. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Romantic suspense is my favorite! Thanks for coming by, Kathy! Have a spectacular weekend! :)

      Delete
  7. I can relate to the beginning sometimes, and I am intrigued by the 56! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a really relatable feeling sometimes. Thanks for stopping by, Freda! Have a wonderful weekend! :)

      Delete
  8. Sounds like the beginning of a love story. My book is called 1968 Do you remember that year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That year was before my time but the book sounds really interesting! Thanks for visiting, Anne! Have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  9. I like the beginning and the excerpt. This is my type of read.

    My Friday 56 from Fairest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the book you're featuring this week! It was so great learning more about Levana. Thanks for stopping by, Laura! :)

      Delete
  10. Sounds intriguing, especially the 56. Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by, Nicki! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

      Delete