Monday, April 1, 2024

Review: One Last Shot (Alaska Air One Rescue #1) by Susan May Warren

About the Book
When country music star Oaken Fox joins survivalist Mike Grizz's new adventure show in the Alaskan wilderness, he just wants to boost his fan base. But when tragedy strikes, and Air One Rescue must save them, Oaken just wants to quit. Too bad his producer has other plans—signing him on with Air One Rescue as a recruit and making a reality show...

EMT Boo Kingston did not join Air One Rescue to train a celebrity. But she's a rookie to the team, so yes, she'll train Oaken and keep him alive and not for a minute pay attention to his charm...

And then five women go missing from a resort during a bachelorette weekend gone south. Now, Air One and the rescue team will have to use all their skills--and manpower, including Oaken--to find them before a blizzard settles in. But can they work together before tragedy strikes?


MY THOUGHTS

What a great start to a new series! Susan May Warren never disappoints. This was a thrill ride from start to finish!

I was instantly intrigued by Oaken. He’s a country singer with a tarnished reputation who goes on a reality show to try to repair his image. Things took an unexpected turn, and I’ve gotta say, I was very impressed with the way he handled things. He was resilient, brave, never backed down from a challenge, and also had a great sense of humor. Boo was hard to read at first. She was tough, strong, serious, and great at her job. One of the best EMTs around. But she had major trust issues after experiencing a heartbreaking betrayal. I enjoyed getting to know her better, and I ended up liking her a lot.

It was great seeing some old favorite characters from some of Warren’s other books. But don’t worry if this is your first book of hers. It stands alone perfectly fine! I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys a thrilling and adventurous faith-filled romance. I can’t wait for the next book in the series!

FOUR STARS

4 comments:

  1. I do love the sound of this one...mostly because of Oaken. He sounds like a character I'll like. And my library has a copy! yay. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so glad your library has a copy! I hope you enjoy it if you get the chance to read it! :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds great.. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete