Thursday, April 18, 2024

Book Beginnings, First Line Friday, & Friday 56: Sleep No More (October Daye #17) by Seanan McGuire

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. I'm also linking up with Carrie at Reading is My Superpower for First Line Friday. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two. Freda is taking a hiatus right now, but Anne over at My Head is Full of Books has taken over in the meantime.

This week I'm featuring Sleep No More (October Daye #17) by Seanan McGuire. Oh my goodness, what a wild ride this one is! I'm almost finished and it's so good! (And so stressful! LOL!)


Book Beginnings / First Line Friday
Samhain and Beltaine are the hubs around which the rest of Faerie's year turns. The two Moving Days, when the least among us - those ranked even lower than changelings like myself - are free to pack up their lives and move along to their next home.

Friday 56
At least I didn't black out, which seemed like a real accomplishment after the day I'd had. I groaned, rubbing my face with my less-bloody hand, and pushed myself back into a sitting position. "Everyone okay?"

What have you been reading lately?

10 comments:

  1. I need to get caught up on this series asap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is very different than they previous books, but it's so good! One of my favorites! :)

      Delete
  2. Now I definintely want to know more! Here's mine: BOOKISH FRIDAY

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love me some Seanan McGuire! I haven't read any of the Toby Daye books yet. I need to remedy that.

    Stop by and see my Friday fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a fun series. I tried to comment on your blog, but I kept getting an error message. I'm eager to read the book you featured. Hope you have a great week! :)

      Delete
  4. I need to get back to this series. I really enjoy Seanan McGuire's books. Thank you for sharing! I hope you have a great weekend, Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you have a great one too! :D

      Delete
  5. Oh no, why does she have a bloody hand? I guess I'd have to read on to find out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toby always finds trouble, lol! Hope you have a great week, Anne! :)

      Delete