Sunday, January 14, 2024

Review: Drake Hall (The Secrets of Ormdale #2) by Christina Baehr

About the Book
Edith’s ancient home is full of secrets…and dragons are the least of them.

As the new dragon keeper in the hidden valley of Ormdale, Edith expects her first dragon mating season to involve venomous bites and amorous wyverns.

She doesn’t expect to find herself growing closer to an inconveniently appealing suitor next door, or to stumble upon a dragon poacher lurking in the outbuildings, or to uncover a family scandal in the Abbey.

Fortunately, Edith has a mentor to help her sort things out, the spellbinding Helena Drake of Drake Hall. Or does Helena harbour secrets of her own?

For Edith, the dragons were always going to be the easy part.

DRAKE HALL, Book 2 of The Secrets of Ormdale, takes Edith deeper into the cosy gothic world of Yorkshire dragons and the mysterious families who guard them.


MY THOUGHTS

What a fantastic sequel to Wormwood Abbey! This was every bit as good as the first book. It’s such a charming and cozy read.

We get to know the characters even better in this book and see new layers to all of them. I already liked them, but now I love them even more. I love the family dynamics, the friendships, and the slow-burn romance. And I loved that there were more dragons! It’s so cool learning about them!

There’s something so comforting about this series. I just want to dive into the pages and live in this world. I’m loving it so much! I highly, highly recommend it.

I received an advanced copy of this book and voluntarily reviewed it. All thoughts and comments are my honest opinion.

FIVE STARS

2 comments:

  1. This one sounds so cute! And I love the dragon on the cover. It's just another reason why I really need to get a Kindle. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a pretty cover, isn't it? I think I saw the author say that the paperback for the book would be coming soon. :D

      Delete