Thursday, January 11, 2024

Book Beginnings, First Line Friday, & Friday 56: One Hit Blunder (The Worst Detective Ever #12) by Christy Barritt

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. I'm also linking up with Carrie at Reading is My Superpower for First Line Friday. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two. Freda is taking a hiatus right now, but Anne over at My Head is Full of Books has taken over until Freda returns.

This week I'm featuring One Hit Blunder (The Worst Detective Ever #12) by Christy Barritt.

About the Book
When the ending of Joey’s upcoming movie leaves her unsettled, she’s determined to rewrite the script.

Actress Joey Darling has a new role. She’s starring as one-hit wonder Emma Jean Gibbons in an upcoming biopic. But the more she learns about the singer, the more Joey suspects Emma Jean’s death wasn’t as accidental as everyone thinks.

Joey sets out to uncover the truth. As the evidence piles up, she’s more convinced than ever that her gut feeling is correct. But the deeper she digs, the more Joey realizes she’s one blunder away from also facing an “accidental” death.

Will Joey manage to rewrite the script? Or will danger derail her movie . . . and her life?

Book Beginnings / First Line Friday
"Life feels like sand slipping through my fingers," I murmured as I pedaled down the dark road on my bike. 

Friday 56
If I was going to get out of here, it needed to be now. I might not have another chance.

What have you been reading lately?

10 comments:

  1. The first quote doesn't seem to match the photo on the cover, at least to my mind.

    Hope it's a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne! It was really funny! Hope you have a great week! :)

      Delete
  2. This sounds like something that would be right up my alley. Hope you are enjoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd enjoy it! It's a really fun mystery series. Hope you have a great week, Mark! :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Right? I can't seem to get enough of them! Have a great week! :D

      Delete
  4. Sounds tempting. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: BOOKISH FRIDAY


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have a great week! :)

      Delete
  5. This is #12 in this series? Barritt sure writes books fast! I wish I had that ability. It seems to take me forever to writes something new. ;D Wishing you a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lark! I'm always amazed at how fast she releases books. And at the fact that they're still so good! Hope you have a great week! :D

      Delete