Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Can't Wait Wednesday: The Crescent Stone (The Sunlit Lands #1) by Matt Mikalatos

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that we've yet to read. Generally, they're books that are yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week I'm featuring The Crescent Stone (The Sunlit Lands #1) by Matt Mikalatos releasing August 7, 2018.

About the Book
A girl with a deadly lung disease . . .
A boy with a tragic past . . .
A land where the sun never sets but darkness still creeps in . . .
A bargain that brings life, but may cost more than anyone can imagine . . .

Madeline Oliver has never wanted for anything, but now she would give anything just to breathe. Jason Wu skates through life on jokes, but when a tragedy leaves him guilt-stricken, he promises to tell only the truth, no matter the price. When a mysterious stranger name Hanali appears to Madeline and offers to heal her in exchange for one year of service to his people, Madeline and Jason are swept into a strange land where they don't know the rules and where their decisions carry consequences that reach farther than they could ever guess.
 

Why I Need It
I love these types of fantasy books - the ones that take the underdog or the overlooked kid and brings them to a new and enchanting land. The Crescent Stone sounds like just my cup of tea. I'm really excited for the start of this new series!

What upcoming release are you looking forward to?

12 comments:

  1. Cool cover. And the premise does sound good. I can see trying this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the cover! Thanks for stopping by, Greg! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  2. I do like the sounds of this one! And that cover too! Gorgeous..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always on the lookout for new fantasy novels. Thanks for visiting, Jenea! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  3. This certainly sounds different, and the cover is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally distracted with with book - forgot to leave my link! lol

      Here is my 'Can't Wait Wednesday' feature.

      Have a lovely day.

      Luv Sassy x

      Delete
    2. The cover is so eye-catching! Thanks for stopping by, Sassy! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  4. Oooh! I love the cover of this book! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an awesome cover! Thanks for coming by, Ronyell! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  5. I'm really looking forward to Naomi Novik's new book which comes out next week (I think), as well as Catwoman: Soulstealer which comes out next month. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been seeing Naomi Novik's book everywhere lately. I really need to check that series out. It sounds good! And I'm excited for the Catwoman book too! Thanks for stopping by, Lark! :)

      Delete
  6. Oh this one is on my Wish List too! It sounds like a great read! My CWW

    ReplyDelete