Friday, July 6, 2018

Book Beginnings + Friday 56: Deadly Undertow (Lantern Beach Mysteries #6) by Christy Barritt

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two.

This week I'm featuring the conclusion to the Lantern Beach Mystery series - Deadly Undertow by Christy Barritt.

About the Book
The thrilling conclusion to the Lantern Beach Mystery series is finally here!

The current’s fatal pull is powerful, but so is one detective’s will to live.

When someone from Cassidy Livingston’s past shows up on Lantern Beach and warns her of impending peril, opposing currents collide, threatening to drag her under. Running would be easy. But leaving would break her heart.

Cassidy must decipher between the truth and lies, between reality and deception. Even more importantly, she must decide whom to trust and whom to fear. Her life depends on it. As danger rises and answers surface, everything Cassidy thought she knew is tested.

In order to survive, Cassidy must take drastic measures and end the battle against the ruthless gang DH-7 once and for all. But if her final mission fails, the consequences will be as deadly as the raging undertow.

Book Beginning
23 Weeks Earlier
Cady Matthews listened to the dull sound of her boots hitting the cement beneath her. She tried to pace her steps instead of listening to her instincts and breaking out into a run.

Friday 56 (56% on my Kindle)
She strained her muscles, her limbs, desperate to reach something to help her out of this situation.

What have you been reading lately?

22 comments:

  1. I like the quotes. This book seems like it has a lot of action. I hope you enjoy it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely action-packed and gave me lots of anxiety! Thanks for stopping by, Breanna! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  2. Great excerpts! Thanks for sharing...and enjoy. Here's mine: “ALL WE EVER WANTED”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by, Laurel-Rain! Have a great weekend! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  3. I like the sound of that 56, definitely makes me want to know more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That definitely grabbed my attention and made me want to read as fast as possible. Thanks for visiting, Lauren! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  4. I love that line. Run girl, trust your instincts!!! I'm curious!

    Here is my Book Beginning and Friday56 feature!

    Have a great weekend! Luv Sassy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! She definitely needs to listen to her instincts! Thanks for coming by, Sassy! Hope you have a great weekend, too! :)

      Delete
  5. I think I'd enjoy this series. Need to mention it to my sister too. She'd like these.

    My Friday 56 from Dying For A Taste

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fantastic and fast-paced series. I highly recommend it. Thanks for visiting, Laura! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  6. The quotes really caught my attention. I haven't read any of this series yet. This week I am spotlighting Shelved Under Murder by Victoria Gilbert. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christy Barritt has a way of grabbing the reader's attention right from the start. Love her books. Thanks for stopping by, Kathy! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  7. Sounds interesting! I've been meaning to read this author.

    Hallie @ Book by Book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always love her books. There's never a dull moment in them. Thanks for coming by, Hallie! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  8. Ugh! I so want to get to this final book but my July calendar is already too full!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! There's been so many awesome books released recently and never enough time to read them all. Hopefully you'll be able to get to this one soon. It's a really fantastic conclusion to the series. Thanks for visiting, Suzie! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. It's so good! Thanks for coming by, Anne! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  10. I hope it will make a satisfying end to the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is, Nicki! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Freda! Happy weekend! :)

      Delete