Friday, July 20, 2018

Book Beginnings + Friday 56: Finding Beauty in the Beast by Jessilyn Stewart Peaslee

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two.

This week I'm featuring a sweet Beauty and the Beast retelling - Finding Beauty in the Beast by Jessilyn Stewart Peaslee.

About the Book
Princess Rose’s fiery temper has kept every potential suitor away—until now. After being spurned and humiliated for the last time, the princess forces every eligible man in the kingdom to present a gift to her under pain of death. The man who brings her the best gift will be chosen as her husband.

When Corbin is summoned to present his gift, he hopes that his simple offering will keep him safely overlooked. All he wants is to return to his quiet life as a common blacksmith, away from forbidding castles and beastly princesses. But love works in mysterious ways, and it all starts with a rose...




Book Beginning
A beast. That was what they called her.

Friday 56 (55% on my Kindle)
The rain had become soft plink plinks on the glass, and nothing had ever sounded more like a lullaby.

What have you been reading lately?

20 comments:

  1. This one sounds tempting, and the cover is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “ALL YOUR PERFECTS”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so in love with this cover! Thanks for stopping by, Laurel-Rain! Have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds great. I hope you are enjoying it. This week I have Murder, She Reported by Peg Cochran - a nice historical mystery. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's awesome! Thanks for visiting, Kathy! Have a fantastic weekend! :)

      Delete
  3. Another retelling! I love the sound of this! This Friday I'm featuring Spilt Wine by Michael Walsh. Have a terrific weekend, it's going to be a hot one!!

    Luv Sassy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it might be my favorite Beauty and the Beast retelling ever. So good! Thanks for coming by, Sassy! Have an awesome weekend! :)

      Delete
  4. Such a wonderful cover. I have a small stack of books of this retelling and need to get to them.

    My Friday 56 from The Haunted Forest Tour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beauty and the Beast retellings are the best! Thanks for stopping by, Laura! Have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  5. I haven't read many fairytale retellings, but I always admire the covers. See what I'm featuring at Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do have some of the prettiest covers. Thanks for coming by, Donna! Have a wonderful weekend! :)

      Delete
  6. I like the twist in this retelling of Beauty and the Beast! I will definitely be checking this one out. :)
    Have you ever read Beauty by Robin McKinley? It's my favorite version of this particular fairy tale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read Beauty yet, but it is on my Kindle just waiting for me start it. I'm definitely gonna have to find the time to read it soon. I've heard wonderful things about it. Thanks for visiting, Lark! Have an amazing weekend! :)

      Delete
  7. Sounds like my kind of retelling! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lot of fun! Thanks for coming by, Freda! Have an awesome weekend! :)

      Delete
  8. That sounds like quite a retelling! Thanks for sharing. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is! Thanks for stopping by, Lauren! Have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  9. Retellings are always fun. Hope you enjoy this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so much fun! Thanks for visiting, Nicki! Have an awesome weekend! :)

      Delete
  10. And interesting idea! Thanks for posting the opening on Book Beginnings on Friday!

    I am now following on twitter and facebook. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the follows and for hosting Book Beginnings, Gilion! Hope you have a wonderful week! :)

      Delete