Friday, December 1, 2017

Book Beginnings + Friday 56: Touch of Rain: A Paranormal Suspense Novel (Imprints Book 1) by Teyla Branton

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two.

This week I'm featuring Touch of Rain: A Paranormal Suspense Novel (Imprints Book 1) by Teyla Branton.


Book Beginning

My breath came faster as I stared into the shoe box sitting on the counter at my antiques shop. None of the items inside was exceptionally valuable or remarkable in any way- a kaleidoscope of bric-a-brac and childhood keepsakes that had once made up a young woman's life.

Friday 56 (56% on my Kindle)

Only the smallest sound gave warning, and then an arm went around me and another over my mouth.

About the Book

Sometimes what you can't see means everything 

When a young woman vanishes without a trace, her heartbroken parents turn to the last prospect they can find for hope: Autumn Rain. Autumn reads imprints—emotions left behind on certain objects. Only she can shed light on their daughter’s last thoughts.

But Autumn’s gift makes her life difficult. Everyday activities like opening a door or holding a friend’s keys can send her into turmoil. It doesn’t help that the infuriating Detective Shannon Martin, who Autumn has helped on cases, usually treats her more like a suspect than a consultant. Too often Autumn finds herself retreating to her antiques shop and the company of her best friend, Jake Ryan, to avoid notice.

Private detective Ethan McConnell, whose widowed sister has gone missing under similar circumstances, also comes to Autumn for help, but her involvement sets in motion a series of events that risk not only her own life, but the lives of those she cares about most.

What have you been reading lately? Leave a comment below and let me know.

12 comments:

  1. I love paranormal mysteries. Hope you enjoy it.
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Thanks for coming by, Sherry! Have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  2. This sounds excellent. I'll be adding it to my wishlist. This week I am featuring No Place Like You by Emma Douglas. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it, Kathy! Thanks for visiting! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  3. I want to know what's in the shoe box! I'd love for you and your readers to check out mine . . . https://tinyurl.com/LisaKsBookReviewsCFF-HTHAS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That intro definitely piqued my curiosity. Thanks for stopping by, Lisa! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)

      Delete
  4. Sounds good! Love the name "Autumn Rain."

    Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE UNEXPECTED MOTHER”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that name too. Thanks for coming by, Laurel-Rain! Have a fantastic weekend! :)

      Delete
  5. Gripping 56!! I'd read it for sure based on that! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ashley!

    That first line just makes me wonder what is she going to find? WHat's going on? Love it!

    Happy Friday!

    Here's what I #amreading : http://bit.ly/2AmBFfC

    Luv Sassy
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely makes me want to keep reading to find out what's going on. Thanks for stopping by, Sassy! Have an awesome weekend! :)

      Delete