Friday, December 22, 2017

Book Beginnings + Friday 56: Mowed Over (Beards and Belles Book 1) by Christina Coryell

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two.

For the next few weeks I thought I'd share some of my favorite books I've read this year. This week I'm featuring Mowed Over (Beards and Belles Book 1) by Christina Coryell. This was such a cute and quirky novella that I adored. It's the story that first introduced me to Ms. Coryell and her fabulous writing. She's now got a spot on my favorite authors list.


Book Beginning

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a beautiful fairy in possession of a large mushroom hut must be in want of companionship. #willowfairies

Friday 56 (56% on my Kindle)

He was either sweet as syrup on a candy cane or a little delusional. She didn't want to take a guess at which was accurate.

About the Book

A tiny, chatty fairy artist with multicolored pastel hair. A burly, bearded landscaper who can’t get a word in edgewise. They have nothing in common, but is that enough to keep them apart?

Willow Sharpe has two current relationships: her recently relocated best friend, and the fairies she draws for a living. She’s promised to create a romance for her most popular fairy, but can’t seem to make herself follow through. That changes when a local landscaper nearly mows her over, disrupting her solitary existence.

Clint Kirkland doesn’t pursue relationships. Most women expect him to hold up his end of the conversation, and he’s not adept at small talk. When he meets the city slicker artist with the pastel colored hair, the only thing he knows for sure is that she makes him uncomfortable. But things get even more complicated when one of her fairy creations begins to look a lot like him.

Soon the two can’t decide whether the real relationship is driving the fairy romance, or vice versa. And though they both know that opposites can attract, they have to discern whether opposites can sustain the kind of love that lasts.

What have you been reading lately?

16 comments:

  1. This sound like a book I would enjoy. Thanks for mentioning it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a great story! Thanks for coming by, Breana! Merry Christmas! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Ashley!

    I do love the cover, and it sounds like a book I'd like. Quirky, funny and well, you've got me intrigued!

    Here is mine: http://bit.ly/2DwnTZ8 The Light We Lost by Jill Santopolo.

    Have a very Merry Happy Christmas! Hope you get lots of books :D

    Luv Sass x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know what to expect at first, but it has everything I love. Such a cute story. Thanks for visiting, Sassy! Merry Christmas! :)

      Delete
  3. This sounds like a story that I would like too. This week I am featuring The House on Tradd Street by Karen White. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a wonderful time reading it. Love quirky characters. Thanks for coming by, Kathy! Merry Christmas! :)

      Delete
  4. This book sounds like fun! Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “THESE VIOLENT DELIGHTS”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was! Thanks for stopping by! Merry Christmas! :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Love it! Thanks for coming by, Anne! Merry Christmas! :)

      Delete
  6. I like fairy stories ans the beginning had me chuckling. :-)
    Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I knew it was gonna be a great story after that first line. Thanks for visiting, Freda! Merry Christmas to you too! :)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. It was a really fun and unique story. Thanks for coming by, Lauren! :)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I do too! Thanks for stopping by! Merry Christmas! :)

      Delete