Saturday, November 18, 2017

Review: Boundary Born (Boundary Magic #3) by Melissa F. Olson


Speculative Saturday is back!!! Today, I'm sharing my review for Boundary Born, book three in this fantastic Urban Fantasy series.


About the Book

Something wicked is at work in Colorado’s supernatural community. Vampires are being paralyzed or killed with poison…a weapon favored by witches. This offense threatens to break apart the already-fractured alliance between witches and the undead.

The state’s cardinal vampire, Maven, summons boundary witch Allison “Lex” Luther to stop the killing before it ignites a war. Lex has barely started investigating when she gets another surprise: the biological father she’s never met arrives on her doorstep. He has answers to all of Lex’s questions about her bloodline, but getting those answers could mean betraying the life she’s already built.

Then the next vampire is poisoned—and this time it’s Maven herself. The new evil that hunts Lex is powerful and ruthless enough to stop the strongest supernatural creature in the state. In order to find such a killer, Lex will have to face down her own birthright and call on every ally—both living and dead.


My Review

4.5 Stars

Boundary Born has been in my TBR pile for awhile. I'm always telling myself, 'Oh, it'll be the next book I read.' But something would always come up and it'd get pushed back again and again. Why? I have no idea, but I'm so mad at myself for taking so long to read it! The first two books in the series were awesome and Boundary Born was just as good-maybe even better than it's predecessors.

Even though it had been awhile since I read the previous books, I had no trouble jumping right back in and remembering everything. I dived right into this book and read as fast as I could. It was super interesting learning about Lex's biological family and more about her boundary magic. The plot moved along quickly and there were quite a few twists and turns that I didn't see coming. Now that I've finished this series, I really need to go back and read the Scarlett Bernard series. I'd highly recommend this series to anyone who loves urban fantasy!

This book does contain some strong language.

No comments:

Post a Comment