Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Can't Wait Wednesday: Sons of Blackbird Mountain by Joanne Bischof

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that we've yet to read. Generally, they're books that are yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week I'm featuring Sons of Blackbird Mountain by Joanne Bischof releasing July 3, 2018.


About the Book

When Aven Norgaard leaves Norway to serve as housekeeper to her late husband’s cousins in Appalachia, she expects lads in need of care, not three grown men—each in need of a wife and bound by a powerful brotherhood. As the men carve out a living by brewing artisan liquor, young Haakon’s pursuit tempts Aven’s lonely spirit but it is his Deaf brother, Thor, whose silent strength shows her the depths of real love.

Unable to speak to any woman, Thor Norgaard never anticipates Aven to befriend him, let alone treat him as her safe harbor. Though hard cider is their livelihood and his greatest talent, he fights his way to sobriety with Haakon’s help, defying the bottle for Aven’s hand — only to face a battle of the heart that tests even the strongest bonds of brotherhood.

Why I Need It

Joanne Bischof's The Lady and the Lionheart is one of my all time favorites, so I've been anxiously awaiting her next release. Sons of Blackbird Mountain sounds AMAZING!...  and that cover is gorgeous! I can't wait to get my hands on this book!

What book are you eagerly anticipating? Leave a comment below and let me know.

10 comments:

  1. That is such a lonely if beautiful cover. This sounds like heartbreaking read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover does evoke quite a few emotions! Thanks for coming by, Verushka! Happy Wednesday! :)

      Delete
  2. I love the sound of this one and have heard great things about Joanne Bischof's writing:)) Thank you for sharing it and I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her writing is great! Thanks for visiting, S J! Have a great day! :)

      Delete
  3. Not something I would normally pick up but since you love the author's other book so much, I bet you are dying to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am dying to read this one! July seems like too long to wait for it, lol! Thanks for stopping by, Barb! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  4. This book sounds lovely - and if for no other reason, the fact that Joanne's name is on the cover means I'd read it. She has such a beautiful way of telling a story and writing. :) Hope you enjoy this one, Ashley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her writing is beautiful! I still need to read her earlier books, so I have those to hold me over until this one releases. Thanks for visiting, Rissi! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  5. What an interesting pick. The cover got me right away. This will go definitely on my wishlist. Thanks for sharing.
    My Pick

    Best wishes
    Vi @Inkvotary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in love with this cover. Thanks for coming by, Vi! Have a great week! :)

      Delete