Friday, September 22, 2017

Book Beginnings + Friday 56: Assaulted Caramel (Amish Candy Shop Mystery #1) by Amanda Flower

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading.

Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two.

This week I'm featuring Assaulted Caramel (Amish Candy Shop Mystery #1) by Amanda Flower.


Book Beginning

"I still can't believe you left!" Cassandra Calbera shouted into my ear. "They're making the announcement Monday. You have to be here!"

Friday 56 (56% on my Kindle)

I glanced around. There were still a few people walking around the town square - an English couple and some Amish women out for a stroll. All evidence of the farmers' market was gone. "Let's not talk about it out here."

About the Book

Sometimes you need a sweet tooth to take a bite out of crime . . .

Bailey King is living the sweet life as assistant chocolatier at world-famous JP Chocolates in New York City. But just when Bailey’s up for a life-changing promotion, her grandmother calls with news that her grandfather’s heart condition has worsened. Bailey rushes to Harvest, Ohio, where her grandparents still run Swissmen Sweets, the Amish candy shop where she was first introduced to delicious fudge, truffles, and other assorted delights.

She finds her grandfather is doing better than she feared. Unfortunately, the same can’t be said for a local Englisch developer, whom Bailey finds dead in the candy shop kitchen—with Jebediah King’s chocolate knife buried in his chest. Now the police are sweet on her grandfather as the prime suspect. Despite the sincere efforts of a yummy deputy with chocolate-brown eyes, Bailey takes it on herself to clear Jebediah. But as a cunning killer tries to fudge the truth, Bailey may be headed straight into a whole batch of trouble . . .

What have you been reading lately? Leave a comment below and let me know.

14 comments:

  1. Oh such a sweet cover - excuse the pun. It's an usual (pic and?) mix (lol) sweets and crime, but actually it looks like it works.

    Okay, enough puns lol

    Here is mine: https://alternative-read.com/2017/09/22/tgif-friday56-read-with-instagram56-bookbeginnings-thetasteofbluelight-by-lydiaruffles-followfriday/

    The Taste of Blue Light - it's a like a young adult's version of The Bell Jar!

    Luv Sass
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is too cute. Thanks for coming by! Have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, my! The puns! It sounds like a fun story. I am featuring The Hunt by Chloe Neill this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good pun, lol! Thanks for visiting! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like fun... unless the authors gets too carried away with puns!
    My Friday post features Half Broke Horses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sound of this one...and the cover captured me. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE HEIRS”

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun cozy! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know if I could read this one. I think I would eat too much chocolate while reading it. :-) Seriously though, this does sound like a fun one. I love to read cozies this time of year and this one is so tempting. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I know what you mean! Thanks for coming by! Have a great weekend, too! :)

      Delete