Monday, October 2, 2023

Review: Deadly Objective by Lynn H. Blackburn

About the Book
When it comes to love, some lines are meant to be crossed

True, US Secret Service Agent Liam Harper is charming, handsome, and absolutely devoted to the people and things he cares about--including his job protecting the vice president's moody son, Mason. But Emily Harper can't let Liam's good qualities cloud her judgment. As the sister of a Secret Service agent, she knows that Liam's job could mean taking a bullet, and she's vowed never to get romantically involved with someone in that line of work.

Agent Harper knows he's been friend-zoned, but that doesn't stop him from falling for Mason's petite and plucky physical therapist. She never fails to put the privileged teen through his paces, yet she manages to make the kid like her all the same. And that Southern drawl is nearly intoxicating when she lays it on thick.

But when Mason enters the crosshairs of a killer, Emily and Liam will find the lines between professional and personal are about to get awfully blurry.

(This is also part of Targeted, which can be found here.)

MY THOUGHTS

Physical therapist Emily Dixon is helping the VP’s son, Mason, rehab his injured shoulder when an explosion rocks the VP’s house. Liam Harper, the secret service agent in charge of protecting Mason, rushes them away from the attack as quickly as possible. What follows is a heart-pounding race to stop the attackers before anyone gets seriously injured.

This was so good and just reminded me that I need to read more of Blackburn’s books. The first chapter captured my attention, and I was glued to the pages from there on out.

I loved Liam and Emily. They were polar opposites, but they made a great team. They were so fun together, and I loved their playful banter. Mason had a bad reputation and a lot of growing up to do, but I ended up really liking him. You could see the positive impact Liam and Emily had on him.

While this was a novella, it didn't feel like one. It was a full and complete story that left me very happy in the end. I highly recommend it to fans of romantic suspense.

FOUR STARS

4 comments:

  1. I don't read enough of these action movie type thrillers, and everytime I do, I'm reminded of just how much fun they are to read. This one sounds like a real page-turner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! I was surprised by how much was packed into this novella. I'm usually left wanting more, but I was really satisfied with this one.

      Delete
  2. I love the premise of this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did too! I was already invested in the story by the premise alone. :)

      Delete