Thursday, October 5, 2023

Review: He Walks Among Us (True Crime Junkies #2) by Christy Barritt

About the Book
With a killer walking among them, no one is safe . . .

When the newly formed Arctic Circle Murder Club meets in Fairbanks, Alaska, to investigate the mystery of the Missing Women of Dalton Highway, their plans take a gruesome turn.

Upon the group’s arrival at the hotel, three women’s frozen bodies are pulled from the nearby river. When a friend of one of the victims pleads for help finding out who's behind the murders, how can they say no?

The club must detour from their original plan and dive into the recesses of a killer’s mind before another victim is claimed. As they seek the truth behind the murders, opposition hits them at every turn. Shocking revelations from the past along with brimming conflict threaten to end the group just as they’ve started.

Can this group of true crime podcasters uncover someone’s dark secrets before one of their own plunges into an icy grave?


MY THOUGHTS

The Arctic Circle Murder Club is back and trying to solve another cold case. This one is personal. Their efforts are interrupted, though, when a disturbing new case practically falls in their laps. They feel obligated to find and stop the disturbed individual who's committing these heinous crimes.

This was chilling, and I don’t just mean the temperature. The villain was truly creepy, and the chapters from their point of view gave me goosebumps and made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. They were such a twisted individual! I had my suspicions about who the guilty party was, but there were a couple of other suspects I thought it could’ve been, so I was never 100 percent sure.

The Arctic Circle Murder Club is a great team. Each one of the members brings something special and unique to the group. They may have their differences and arguments sometimes, but they work so well together.

There was never a dull moment. I was surprised quite a few times by some of the twists the story took. There were multiple mysteries, and while one of them was solved, the others are left for the next book, which I’m so anxious to get my hands on!

FOUR STARS

6 comments:

  1. I'm a sucker for a good mystery, and the atmosphere in this one seems to take it over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do sound like a great team! And you know how I love books set in Alaska. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review, Ashley! I don't know that I will ever catch up on her books, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cindy! It feels impossible to keep up with all of her books. I don't know how she writes them so fast. :D

      Delete