Monday, March 9, 2020

Review: Sideways Stories from Wayside School by Louis Sachar


About the Book

Bestselling and Newbery Medal-winning author Louis Sachar knows how to make readers laugh. And there are laughs galore in perennial favorite Sideways Stories from Wayside School, now available for the first time in ebook format!

Accidentally built sideways and standing thirty stories high (the builder said he was very sorry for the mistake), Wayside School has some of the wackiest classes in town, especially on the thirtieth floor. That’s where you’ll meet Bebe, the fastest draw in art class; John, who only reads upside down; Myron, the best class president, ever; and Sammy, the new kid—he’s a real rat.

More than nine million readers have laughed at the wacky stories of Wayside School. So what are you waiting for? Come visit Wayside School!


My Thoughts

I read this book so many times when I was a kid, so it was great revisiting it. It's crazy, weird, wacky, and full of many laugh-out-loud moments. I thought I'd remember it better than I did because I about wore out my copy of it, but I guess it has been quite a few years. There were a few fairly twisted stories that I had no recollection of. Although, I recently reread the second book in this series and remembered that one a lot better than this one even though I didn't read it nearly as much. Oh well, I guess that's one of the mysteries of life, lol. But, anyway, this book as a whole, was just pure fun and a great way to spend an afternoon. I loved it.

Four Stars

2 comments:

  1. I still own a box full of my favorite childhood books. I don't reread them very often, but when I do it's always a fun walk down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so much fun visiting childhood favorites. They bring back so many great memories. :)

      Delete