Monday, January 27, 2020

Review: Trained to Defend (K-9 Mountain Guardians #1) by Christy Barritt


About the Book

“Take Buzz and run. Far away.

…and don’t trust the police.”

Framed for her boss’s murder, Sarah Peterson is on the run—with only her boss’s loyal husky, Buzz, for protection. To clear her name and keep her safe, she must rely on her ex-fiancé, former detective Colton Hawk. The police aren’t the only ones searching for Sarah and the brave dog…the real killer is on the hunt, determined to silence them for good.


My Thoughts

I love it when dogs play a big part in a story, so I was sure to enjoy Trained to Defend. Buzz was an awesome dog. He was smart, brave, and such a wonderful protector. His personality reminded me of a couple of my dogs. They're different breeds, but they shared that same loyalty and heart.

Sarah's on the run after being framed for her boss's murder, so there's a constant sense of danger. The breakneck pace hardly let up which made for a quick and fast paced read. The mystery was great and had me guessing until right before the reveal. It's a read that fans of romantic suspense, and dog lovers alike, will greatly enjoy.

I received a copy of this book from the author and voluntarily reviewed it. All thoughts and comments are my honest opinion.

Four Stars

2 comments:

  1. I like the sound of this one. But then it does have a dog in it and you know how I like K-9 mysteries. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's not much better than a K-9 mystery. :D

      Delete