Monday, December 30, 2019

Review: Ruby Jane (The Montana Marshalls #5) by Susan May Warren

About the Book
She loved...and lost.

Ruby Jane never thought she'd meet the man of her dreams while running from the police in Russia. That he'd steal her heart on a train to Siberia. But loving a former CIA officer comes with a price...a life of danger. A life of high stakes.

A life where he simply disappears...

He has no memory of the man he was.

Mack Jones has no memory of his past...just the dark sense that he is hiding. And, he wants to stay that way. Mack likes the life he's built in a small tourist town, tucked away beyond the mountains, and has no desire to dig around in the gray areas of his memory.

When his place of business catches fire and Mack rescues the owner, he makes the news, which of course alerts the past he's hoping to outrun.

The only person who can help him is a mysterious woman he doesn't remember.

But a woman he desperately needs.


My Thoughts

Ruby Jane is the thrilling conclusion to the Montana Marshalls series. I'm sad to see the series end, but, wow, what an action-packed and heart-pounding ending it was!

I'm sitting here trying to figure out what to say without spoiling anything. I want to talk about ALL THE THINGS. I'm about to burst with it all, but I certainly don't want to ruin the thrill for anyone else. I guess I'll start by saying, if you've been enjoying this series, you won't be disappointed. If you haven't started the series yet, grab a copy of book one and be prepared for a suspense-filled adventure you won't be able to put down.

From beginning to end, Ruby Jane had my emotions all over the place. There were moments of heart-racing anxiety, laughter, tears, profound and soul-lifting moments of faith. There were a couple frustrating moments, as well, at least for me. Namely, Glo. Maybe it was just the kind of mood I was in, I don't know, but I had zero patience for her dramatics. Other than that, I absolutely loved it and wouldn't mind visiting the Montana Marshalls again sometime in the future. There's still a few questions I want answered.

Four Stars

2 comments:

  1. My library has the first two books in this series....which I still need to read. And maybe they'll buy the rest. *fingers crossed* Hope you have a Happy New Year, Ashley! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they do get the rest of the series. It's a good one! Hope you have a Happy New Year, too, Lark! :D

      Delete