Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Can't Wait Wednesday: When I Come Home Again: A Big Prairie Romance by Jennifer Rodewald

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that we've yet to read. Generally, they're books that are yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week I'm featuring When I Come Home Again: A Big Prairie Romance by Jennifer Rodewald releasing January 1, 2020.

About the Book
When a family crisis calls him back to Big Prairie, will Craig Erikson be able to work through past mistakes and a tragedy that had sent him searching for a new place to call home?

Craig Erickson had it all. Hometown hero status. Rising football fame. And the love of the coach’s daughter. His future looked golden, until it all fell apart. After, life no longer made sense, and for seven years Craig wandered from place to place, hiding his pain behind a smile. When an emergency comes up at home, he’s compelled to return to Big Prairie.

Brenna Blaum had been sure of a few things: she’d never let anything happen to her younger, special needs brother, Scottie; and she’d make it to the Olympic trials someday. After falling for her dad’s star receiver in high school, Craig Erikson made his way onto her certainty list. But when Craig’s success in college football skyrocketed his popularity to a national level, he’d ended their relationship, breaking her heart. Then, an accident took Scottie. Devastated, she lost the will to run. In one awful year, everything she’d been sure of vanished.

Over the years, Brenna recovered. Refusing to leave her hometown, she made a way for herself as a speech therapist. Comfortable in her quiet life, when she hears that Craig is to return to Big Prairie, she is determined not to let his homecoming upend her world. But somethings are unavoidable—especially in a small town.

As Craig and Brenna are pushed together, can they endure the hard places still littering their lives? And if so, is it possible to find their way back to love and home again?

Why I Need It
Jennifer Rodewald's books always wind up on my favorites list, so I was beyond excited to see that she had a new book coming out. AND that it's about Craig from Ordinary Snowflakes (which is one of my favorite Christmas stories ever). There's a sneak peek of When I Come Home Again on her blog that's got me even more excited. You can check it out here.

What upcoming release are you eagerly anticipating?

8 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this author, but this one sounds good! Thanks for sharing!
    Check out my Wednesday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's one of my favorites. Thanks for coming by, Lisa! :)

      Delete
  2. It sounds like it will an emotional but really good too!

    My CWW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it will be dramatic in parts. It's not really something I would normally pick up. Hope you enjoy it! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that cover and the premise sounds intriguing. I think it is going to be an inspiring and hard-hitting book. Thanks for sharing it. :)

    ReplyDelete