Monday, August 14, 2023

Review: Quantum Spacewalker: Jarl's Journey (Quantum Spacewalker Series Book 1) by Grace S. Grose

About the Book
Jarl Henderson had a normal, active life until The Disaster. His family, save for his sister Aneera, was wiped out. As the world moves inexorably toward the revealing of Satan’s messiah and the end of the age, Jarl – at Jesus’ request – is launched into the quantum realm to travel its pathways and retrieve items vital for Jesus’ followers still on earth. During his travels, he meets shapeshifters, angels, hybrids, and demons and has to determine friend from foe. His final task is the most shocking – the retrieval of the Revelation 19 sword that Jesus will use at his return. Will he recover this item necessary for the ending of the age at the risk of ultimate loss for himself and those he loves?


MY THOUGHTS

This was a unique and fascinating take on the End Times. It was intriguing, fast-paced, and full of wonderful characters. For such a serious topic, there was a surprising amount of humor, which I really appreciated. I found myself laughing out loud quite often. The writing style was engaging, and I loved the short chapters. It made things feel like they were moving quickly. Jarl was a fun narrator, and I enjoyed watching him learn how to quantum spacewalk. What a neat concept! I'm eager to read the next book which follows Jarl's sister, Aneera. If you're a fan of biblically based end times fiction, check this book out. I really enjoyed it.

FOUR STARS

2 comments:

  1. Sounds very inventive and fun. (And I like short chapters, too!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never read anything like this book before. It's so unique and really good. :D

      Delete