Thursday, August 3, 2023

Book Beginnings, First Line Friday, & Friday 56: The Lies We Believe (Shadow Stalkers #1) by Lisa Harris

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two. I'm also linking up with Carrie at Reading is My Superpower for First Line Friday.

This week I'm featuring The Lies We Believe (Shadow Stalkers #1) by Lisa Harris

About the Book
Riley Bishop is a single mother, working at home as a graphic designer to provide for her two children, Sadie and Oliver. But something is very wrong. Riley starts forgetting things—like appointments, where she put her keys, and where she parked her car. And then she thinks she sees her deceased ex-husband while out shopping. But as Riley begins to question her own sanity, her twelve-year-old Sadie goes missing. Soon Riley finds it harder and harder to know what is truth and what are lies as she is forced to question her own reality while she searches for her daughter.

Apprehending fugitives as a part of the SOG team gives Tucker Shaw the purpose and drive he needs to fight the demons from his past. When he’s called out on a mission to track down a group of endangered young girls, he has no idea how drastically his life is about to change. It’s a frantic hunt as the situation quickly spirals out of control with a final twist that has Tucker questioning everything he knows to be true.

Book Beginnings / First Line Friday
There are seventy-two unbroken white tiles on the floor of the intake lobby of the psychiatric hospital. I know this because I have counted them while I sit, waiting for my name to be called. I arrived three hours ago, and I'm still waiting. Still uncertain how I got here.

Friday 56
I shift in my seat, suddenly feeling extremely uncomfortable. The last thing I want to do is talk about Lucas. Especially when they already know everything they're asking me.

What have you been reading lately?

10 comments:

  1. You definitely have me wanting to know more!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the parts that you shared so I got a copy of the book before I even commented! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read this one too! Can't wait to see what you think! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cindy! It's really good! Hope you have a great weekend too! :)

      Delete
  4. Happy Friday!
    I'm currently reading Moving Forward by Shelley Shepard Gray. So far, it's a sweet read.
    "Two days later, Kristen was home at last."
    I hope you have a great weekend! 😀❤️📚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing, Nicole! Hope you have a great weekend too! :)

      Delete