Thursday, May 19, 2022

Book Beginnings + Friday 56: Fatal Code (The SNAP Agency #2) by Natalie Walters

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two. I'm also linking up with Carrie at Reading is My Superpower for First Line Friday.

This week I'm featuring Fatal Code (The SNAP Agency #2) by Natalie Walters. I've already finished this and absolutely loved it. Kekoa is awesome!

About the Book
In 1964, a group of scientists called the Los Alamos Five came close to finishing a nuclear energy project for the United States government when they were abruptly disbanded. Now the granddaughter of one of those five scientists, aerospace engineer Elinor Mitchell, discovers that she has highly sensitive information on the project in her possession--and a target on her back.

SNAP agent and former Navy cryptologist Kekoa Young is tasked with monitoring Elinor. This is both convenient since she's his neighbor in Washington, DC, and decidedly inconvenient because . . . well, he kind of likes her.

As Elinor follows the clues her grandfather left behind to a top-secret nuclear project, Kekoa has no choice but to step in. When Elinor learns he has been spying on her, she's crushed. But with danger closing in on all sides, she'll have to trust him to ensure her discoveries stay out of enemy hands.

Natalie Walters sucks you into the global race for space domination in this perfectly paced second installment of her SNAP Agency romantic suspense series.

Book Beginnings / Friday 56
Maple Valley, IA
"Death has no sting."

Friday 56
The old man eyed him, suspicion edging every line on his face. "Katie would've told me if someone new was coming."

What have you been reading lately?

24 comments:

  1. This isn't my usual type of read, but it seems interesting. I like the quotes too. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have a great weekend too, Breana! :)

      Delete
  2. Short and sweet teasers. I am certainly curious to see more contest for them both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't say enough good this about this book. So good! Happy weekend, Mark! :)

      Delete
  3. This book sounds amazing! Have a great weekend and happy reading ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope you have a great weekend too! :)

      Delete
  4. Oe, I read this last week. So good! My friday post: https://moretoodiscover.blogspot.com/2022/05/book-spotlight-fridays-three-missing.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kekoa is my favorite! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a great book! I have added it to my ever growing pile of things I want to read at some point!

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/05/20/the-friday-56-book-lovers-by-emily-henry/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good! Lots of suspense and a great mystery! Happy weekend, Emily! :)

      Delete
  6. Happy Friday!
    I'm currently reading A Perilous Plan by Melanie Dickerson. I'm really enjoying it!
    "Penelope felt sick. David and Camille? How Camille must be laughing at her for being gullible and senseless."
    I hope you have an excellent weekend filled with fun reading time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Nicole! Hope you have a great weekend! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  7. I am hoping to get to this one soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good! I hope you love it. Have a great weekend, Cindy! :)

      Delete
  8. Fatal Code was great!
    My first line comes from To Tame A Cowboy by Jody Hedlund :
    Front Range, Colorado Territory, May, 1867
    “Savannah Marshall’s heart pulled taut like a rope in a tug-of-war.”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great first line! Thanks for stopping by, Paula! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)

      Delete
  9. I'm intrigued for more! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy weekend, Freda! Thanks for coming by! :)

      Delete
  10. This sounds like a fast-paced and fun suspense novel. And a good summer read! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely lived up to my expectations. So good! Hope you have a lovely weekend, Lark! :)

      Delete
  11. I loved Fatal Code! Natalie Walters just keeps getting better :) This week my first line is from The Sweet Life by Suzanne Woods Fisher: http://gracetogrowblog.com/sweet-life-suzanne-woods-fisher/.

    Happy reading! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear you loved it too! I can't wait for the next book! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  12. I loved Fatal Code! I posted the first line from Shadowed Loyalty by Roseanna M. White. https://daniellegrandinetti.com/2022/05/20/shadowed-loyalty/

    Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to read Shadowed Loyalty soon. It sounds so good! Hope you have a great week! :)

      Delete