Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Can't Wait Wednesday: Acceptable Risk (Danger Never Sleeps #2) by Lynette Eason

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that we've yet to read. Generally, they're books that are yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week I'm featuring Acceptable Risk (Danger Never Sleeps #2) by Lynette Eason releasing August 4.

About the Book
Sarah Denning is a military journalist with the Army in the Middle East when her convoy is attacked and she's taken hostage. When former Army Ranger Gavin Black is asked by his old unit commander--Sarah's imposing father--to plan an extremely risky rescue, he reluctantly agrees and successfully executes it.

Back in the US, Sarah is livid when she's discharged on a false psychiatric evaluation and vows to return to the Army. Until she learns of her brother's suicide. Unable to believe her brother would do such a thing, she puts her plans on hold and enlists Gavin to help her discover the truth. What they uncover may be the biggest story of Sarah's career--if she can survive long enough to write it.

Strap in for another breakneck nail-biter from bestselling romantic suspense author Lynette Eason that will have you up turning pages long into the night.

Why I Need It
I love Lynette Eason's books. They're always fast paced and hard to put down. This one sounds like another great one. I'm very curious about what really happened to Sarah's brother.

What upcoming release are you eagerly anticipating?

12 comments:

  1. I do love a good romantic suspense - I hope you enjoy this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a gripping foot-to-the-floor adventure, Ashley - I hope it's as good as the premise:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited for this one, too! I just finished reading Collateral Damage, which I really enjoyed, and can't wait to continue the series. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed Collateral Damage! Hope we both love this one! :)

      Delete
  4. Hope you really enjoy this one. Sounds like it's an author you can count on though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you enjoy this one, Ashley! It does sound good!

    ReplyDelete