Thursday, February 20, 2020

Book Beginnings + Friday 56: Cry of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga #3) by Morgan L. Busse

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two.

This week I'm featuring Cry of the Raven by Morgan L. Busse, the conclusion to The Ravenwood Saga.

About the Book
Lady Selene Ravenwood has come into her full power as a dreamwalker just as the war with the Dominia Empire begins. Working with the other Great Houses, Selene and Damien use their gifts to secure the borders and save those devastated by the war. But conflict, betrayal, and hatred begin to spread between the Great Houses, destroying their unity as the empire burns a path across their lands. At the same time, Damien Maris starts to lose his ability to raise the waters, leaving the lands vulnerable to the empire's attacks.

The only one who can unite the houses and restore her husband's power is Selene Ravenwood. But it will require that she open her heart to those who have hurt her and let go of her past, despite the one who hunts her and will do anything to stop her power.

Will Selene survive? Or is she destined to fall like the dreamwalkers before her?

Book Beginning
Numb. So numb.
The only thing Selene could feel was the dull thump of her heart beating as she sat beside the window in the guest chambers the next day.

Friday 56
Damien blinked, his body feeling as though it had turned to stone. He knew he needed to run, find shelter from the arrows, but he was unable to move.

Hosted by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer

What is your go-to recommendation for someone who doesn’t read often?

I don't have a go-to recommendation. I think it just depends on the person. I usually have a different pick for everyone.

What have you been reading lately?

18 comments:

  1. Both of those scenes are tense,asking me curious about their situations. I haven't read any of the Ravenwood books, but they sound good.

    I had a similar response for this week's BBHOP. There are too many variables that could come into play.

    I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have an awesome week! :)

      Delete
  2. I am constantly trying to get my non-reading friends and family members to read, usually to no avail. My husband, who is a reluctant reader, will read nonfiction if it is by one of his favorite authors, so I usually try that. My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by, Anne! Have a great week! :)

      Delete
  3. I am curious to know how things work out for Damien! Sounds like a great fantasy novel. I hope that you love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so great! Thanks for visiting, Lori! Have a wonderful week! :)

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a page-turner to me! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Thanks for stopping by, Freda! Have a lovely week! :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It was really good! Thanks for the visit, Nicki! Have a nice week! :)

      Delete
  6. I loved the first book in this series. I can't wait to continue it!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you love it! Thanks for coming by, Lauren! Have a great week! :)

      Delete
  7. Yeah, like you, I'd need to know what sort of genres the person enjoys first before I would recommend anything too.
    I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend, Ashley.
    Here's my BBH Post
    Flora x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Flora! Hope you have an awesome week! :)

      Delete
  8. Love the snippets! Sounds like an action-packed book. Happy reading.

    Here's my Friday post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Thanks for visiting, Sammie! Have a wonderful week! :)

      Delete
  9. Thanks for sharing the opening on Book Beginnings! I'm reading a vintage mystery by Dorothy L. Sayers this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting, Gillion! Hope you have a great week! :)

      Delete