Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Can't Wait Wednesday: One Final Breath (Dive Team Investigations #3) by Lynn H. Blackburn

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that we've yet to read. Generally, they're books that are yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week I'm featuring One Final Breath (Dive Team Investigations #3) by Lynn H. Blackburn releasing September 3.

About the Book
When investigator Gabriel Chavez had his cover blown by an aggressive reporter, the silver lining was being able to rejoin the dive team. The downside? Dive team captain Anissa Bell--a woman who both fascinates and frustrates him.

Anissa grew up as a missionary kid on the Micronesian island of Yap and always planned to return after college. But she remained stateside, determined to solve the case that haunts her--the murder of her best friend and the disappearance of a three-year-old child.

When Anissa's fractured past collides with Gabe's investigation into the tragic shooting death of a teenage boy in Lake Porter, they'll have to put their complicated history with each other aside in order to uncover the identity of a killer. What they'll discover is that revenge has no statute of limitations.

Award-winning author Lynn H. Blackburn closes out her nail-biting Dive Team Investigations series with a story that will have you wondering how long you can hold your breath.

Why I Need It
I flew through the first two books in this series and have been anxiously awaiting the conclusion. I'm so excited for Gabe and Anissa's story!

What upcoming release are you excited about?

10 comments:

  1. I just requested this on NetGalley the other day. I'm so into suspense right now and I'm hoping I'll love this. Hopefully you do too!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy it! I was thinking about requesting it too. Thanks for coming by, Tressa! :)

      Delete
  2. Glad you're looking forward to this one, we've featured this author on AR and love her books! Such an unusual team!

    Here's my Wednesday post. Happy Hump Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure this series was the first time I'd read about a dive team and it was so interesting! Thanks for visiting, Sassy! :)

      Delete
  3. Don't think I've ever read anything about a dive team. How cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really interesting reading about it. Add in the mystery element and it was unputdownable. Thanks for coming by, Barb! :)

      Delete
  4. I recently read a book featuring a dive team. Not related to this series or author though. I think I would like this one! Have a great day, Ashley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dive teams are quite fascinating. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  5. Haven't read this series, but it is on my list of must read soon titles. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fantastic! I think you'll love it! Thanks for the visit, Rissi! :)

      Delete