Monday, May 13, 2019

Review: Beauty in Hiding (Beauty in Flight #2) by Robin Patchen

About the Book
Book 2 in the Beauty in Flight serial:

Harper’s second chance at life will become a second stint in prison if anyone connects those two dead men to her.

Nutfield, New Hampshire, is as good a place as any to hide from the murderer Harper left behind in Maryland. All she has to do is lie low and make enough money to keep herself and Red alive until she can figure out who her enemies are.

Jack Rossi isn’t sure what to make of his beautiful new tenant and her confused grandfather. Something's not right, but the love he sees between them and the care she takes of the old man convinces Jack they're trustworthy. As drawn as he is to Harper, she’s his tenant, so she’s off limits.

Derrick, Harper's ex-boyfriend and Red’s grandson, needs to find his grandfather and get his hands on the old man’s money before Derrick ends up with a bullet in the skull. And when he gets his hands on Harper, she’ll be sorry for what she’s put him through. 

Harper and Jack grow closer, but so do her enemies. If Harper can’t trust Jack with the truth, she may lose more than just this glimpse of true love. She may lose her freedom—or her life.


My Thoughts

I started reading this book immediately after I finished Beauty in Flight. I'm so thankful that the whole series is out and I didn't have to wait for this one because that ending... just, wow! I had to know what happened next right away.

Beauty in Hiding was more suspenseful, more action-packed than book one. I was on the edge of my seat just waiting to see what obstacles the characters might encounter next. The sense of impending danger was still there, if not always in the forefront, then lurking in background, making me nervous for what might happen.

I really liked the new addition of Jack. He's a great neighbor, so helpful. He was just the kind of person that Harper and Red needed in their lives at that time.

I'm loving this series and am turning on my Kindle right now to start the last book. I can't wait to find out how it all concludes.

Four Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment