Thursday, March 28, 2019

Book Beginnings + Friday 56: Knox (The Montana Marshalls #1) by Susan May Warren

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two.

This week I'm featuring the latest release from one of my favorite authors - Knox (The Montana Marshalls #1) by Susan May Warren. I can't even tell you how much I loved this book. It was so, so good!

About the Book
He's not looking for trouble...

Montana rancher Knox Marshall's danger years are behind him. A former bull-rider, he now runs the Marshall family ranch, raising champion bucking bulls for the National Professional Bullrider's Expo (NBR-X). Wealth and success are his, but life is stable, expected, and…ordinary.  But he wants more from life...

But trouble is looking for her...

Kelsey Jones just wants a safe life, a family, a home. Onstage, the beautiful rising star of the Yankee Belles becomes the person she longs to be - vivacious and confident - burying the brokenness she carries from a violent assault. Becoming NBR-X’s next country act is key to outrunning her past and achieving the success and security she craves.

When trouble finds them both...

Knox and Kelsey's paths collide when an explosion at an NBR-X event traps them in the rubble and leaves them reeling. Kelsey’s crippling nightmares return, but for Knox, an obsession to find the bomber is ignited.

What will it cost him to protect her? 

When Kelsey’s past threatens Knox’s family, he'll have to choose between saving the Marshall legacy or becoming the protector he's always longed to be.

The explosive first book in the Montana Marshall series!


Book Beginning
Oh goody, now Knox got to watch his troublemaking little brother break his ornery neck.

Friday 56
Tate stood outside the bathroom stall of the Twenty-Fourth Precinct. He was probably leaning against the sink, arms folded, but Knox had heard his brother stifling his own nausea when Detective Rayburn finally showed them the file.

What have you been reading lately?

18 comments:

  1. Now I'm curious! Great excerpts and blurb. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “ALL THE WRONG PLACES”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by, Laurel-Rain! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a fun book. I was just watching bull riding on TV last week, thinking about what kind of person would want to do that. Ha! My Friday quotes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It's so nerve-wracking to watch! Thanks for the visit, Anne! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I did too! It sure made me want to know what his brother was doing. Thanks for stopping by, Louise! Have an awesome weekend! :)

      Delete
  4. This one sounds like just what I need to read this weekend, a bit of a guilty treat (like chocolate ice cream). Love a book with a strong setting like this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The setting was great! I wouldn't mind spending some time there myself.... minus all the threats and scary situations, of course. Thanks for visiting, Roberta! Have a lovely weekend! :)

      Delete
  5. This sounds excellent. I'll have to add it to my wishlist. This week I am spotlighting Grave Destiny by Kalayna Price. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good. It might even be the best book I've read this year. Thanks for coming by, Kathy! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  6. Love her books, I bet this is a good one. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this one might be my new favorite of hers. So good! Thanks for stopping by, Freda! Happy weekend! :)

      Delete
  7. I hope you're enjoying it! Happy reading!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it! Thanks for visiting, Lauren! Have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  8. That opening line totally made me laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I laughed so hard! Too funny! Thanks for coming by, Lark! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Nicki! Happy reading! :)

      Delete