Thursday, December 6, 2018

Review: Surrounded by Darkness (Windy Ridge #3) by Rachel Dylan

About the Book
We wrestle not against flesh and blood . . .
When attorney Olivia Murray opens a legal clinic for victims of domestic violence in Windy Ridge, she knows she will face legal and spiritual opposition. The New Age presence has grown stronger as alliances form between groups hoping to spread their destructive way of life and gain a stronghold in the community. While the forces of evil target Olivia’s new clinic and her relationships, she refuses to let them stop her quest for justice.

Grant Baxter is facing legal woes of his own when a former client sues him for malpractice. His faith is shaken as he faces down the possibility that his legal career is over. While Grant struggles to save his once thriving law practice, he wonders if he truly deserves to be Olivia’s partner outside of the courtroom.

With evil coming at them from all angles, Olivia and Grant’s relationship is put to the test. The two of them must come together and fight for the hearts and minds of those in Windy Ridge. Will their faith be strong enough—in God and each other—to prevail in the battle that threatens to bring darkness to the entire town?


My Thoughts

I've loved this entire series so much! I read all three books back-to-back which is something I never do. I usually have to take a break and change things up for a little while then I'll get back to a series. That wasn't the case with Windy Ridge though. I've not been this invested in a series in a really long time.

Surrounded by Darkness is book three in the Windy Ridge Legal Thriller series. I'd definitely recommend starting with book one. There's a lot of history and backstory that you don't want to miss out on.

Scarier than the previous books, at least for me, I literally couldn't read fast enough. Everything seemed to be going wrong and the stakes felt higher. It was a thrill ride from page one and my favorite of the series. I'm really hoping there's gonna be another book, things are definitely left open for more! Highly recommended!

Five Stars

2 comments:

  1. You really did fly through that series! Have you read any of Rachel Dylan's other books?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read one of her other books, Deadly Proof. It was really good too. I'm hoping to read more from her soon.

      Thanks for coming by, Lark! :)

      Delete