Monday, October 1, 2018

Review: A Reason to Run (The Camdyn Series #1) by Christina Coryell

About the Book
All she wanted was to write a great love story — she had no idea she’d be writing her own.

Words rarely failed Camdyn Taylor. When life handed her complications, she buried herself in capturing them on paper and crafting a perfect narrative. The fact that her latest novel was currently sitting at the top of the bestseller lists let her know she had succeeded—not that anyone else noticed, since she hid behind a pen name.

It had been tempting to step away from the anonymity at times, but not on days like that one. Not when the humiliating video of Peter proposing was going viral and her name was spreading through peoples’ homes like wildfire. Her inclination to run felt justified, especially when she cloaked it with novel research. The change of scenery should offer the perfect quiet backdrop to finish the manuscript on time.

Of course, she hadn’t factored in an unintended clash with local bachelor Cole Parker. His charming smile and witty demeanor leave her intrigued, even though circumstances seem determined to keep him at arm’s length. Despite distractions, can the two of them find a common bond to tie everything together and construct the perfect story?


My Thoughts

Oh my goodness, y'all! This book was amazing! I was completely hooked from the very first page and had a difficult time putting it down. I've been meaning to read it for awhile now and am kicking myself for not getting to it sooner.

I lost all track of time while reading this book. I became so completely engrossed in the story that when I looked up at the clock, I'd be shocked by how much time had passed. Now that's what I call a sign of a great book.

This story, these characters, the setting – I couldn't get enough of it. It made me laugh and it made me tear up. It's one of the best contemporary romances I've read lately. There's a real authenticity in Coryell's stories that I love so much and I can't wait to dive into the next book.

Five Stars

2 comments:

  1. I love a book that makes you lose track of time! I'm adding this one to my list. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Those are the best kinds of books! Thanks for coming by, Lark! Happy reading! :)

      Delete