Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Best Character Names


Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

The topic for this week is: Best Character Names.

Rowena "Wren" Ballantyne and Izannah Turlock
by Laura Frantz

Charlie Lionheart
by Joanne Bischof

Romulus White
by Elizabeth Camden

Winter Reeves
by Roseanna M. White

Millie Longfellow
by Jen Turano

Mellie Blake and Tom MacGilliver
by Sarah Sundin

Gatlin Moore
by Christina Coryell

Joey Darling AKA Raven Remington
by Christy Barritt

Darcy Merriweather
by Heather Blake

October "Toby" Daye
by Seanan McGuire

Yelena Liana Zaltana and Valek
by Maria V. Snyder

I have to admit that I've named some of my animals after a few of these characters. Have you ever named a pet after a book character?

10 comments:

  1. Rowena "Wren" Ballantyne- that's pretty awesome. I like October Daye and Darcy Merriweather as well. and Romulus- cool name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Romulus is a cool guy. His unique name totally fits him, lol. Thanks for stopping by, Greg! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  2. Nice list. All of these books and names are new to me. But I really like the name Rowena :)

    My TTT: http://flippingthruthepages.com/2018/05/ten-diverse-books-of-2018-on-my-tbr-with-character-names-in-the-title/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of my favorite names! Thanks for coming by! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  3. VERY cool names!! I like Winter Reeves the best from your list <3

    https://readingwithjessica.wordpress.com/2018/05/22/top-ten-tuesday-best-character-names/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE that name! Thanks for stopping by, Jessica! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  4. Winter is a cute name, not something I would ever think to name a character though.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when an author comes up with a unique yet beautiful name for a character. Thanks for visiting! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  5. I do love the name Rowena - and I think a lot of that has to do with Supernatural. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of my favorite names. So pretty. Thanks for stopping by, Lauren! Happy reading! :)

      Delete