Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Halloween Reads


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.

The topic for this week is Halloween Freebie, so I thought I'd share some books that would be great to read on or around Halloween. I've broken them down into five different categories, so, hopefully, there will be something for everyone.

Classics

Dracula by Bram Stoker

Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

Children's



Young Adult

Texas Gothic by Rosemary Clement-Moore

Drink, Slay, Love by Sarah Beth Durst

Edgar Allan Poe Retellings

The Fall by Bethany Griffin

Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin

Cozy Mysteries

Ghost of a Potion by Heather Blake

Spell Booked by Joyce and Jim Lavene

What's your favorite Halloween read?

12 comments:

  1. I've never read Dracula, is that weird?

    Heres my TTT Villains: https://bookishowlette.wordpress.com/2017/10/31/t-t-h-f/#more-4114
    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dracula is SO good. It's one of my all-time favorites! Thanks for coming by! Happy Halloween!

      Delete
  2. How could I forget goosebumpbs! OMG they were the sceriest books I used to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVED Goosebumps! The Night of the Living Dummy freaked me out SO bad and gave me nightmares! Thanks for visiting, Alexandra! Happy Halloween!

      Delete
  3. Dracula made my list as well! I'm curious about the Poe retellings, and I also enjoy a good cozy mystery. Nice list! Here is my Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can never go wrong with Dracula or Poe for Halloween! Thanks for coming by, Poisettia! Happy Halloween!

      Delete
  4. I challenged myself to read both Dracula and Frankenstein. I am not a horror-lover. But these two were fabulous reads. Excellent list!

    Lisa @ https://hopewellslibraryoflife.wordpress.com/2017/10/31/top-ten-tuesday-halloween-top-10-2/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We read Frankenstein my senior year of high school and I was so excited! It was SO good! Thanks for stopping by, Hopewell! Happy Halloween!

      Delete
  5. I love the goosebumps serie! So good! I used to love them. Texas Gothic by Rosemary Clement-Moore, a very good choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Texas Gothic was such a great book. I've been thinking about rereading. Loved it! Thanks for visiting, Nina! Happy Halloween!

      Delete
  6. Great list. Some of these look so creepy. I've read both your classic picks.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, AJ! Have a fantastic rest of the week! :)

      Delete